Windows 10 continues to send data to Microsoft

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 continues to send data to Microsoft[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/11/msbeingsneaky_diagtrack-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Shortly after the release of Windows 10 users voiced privacy concerns and Microsoft appeared to have removed the data collecting DiagTrack component from the OS. DiagTrack sent all kinds of data to Microsoft about Windows 10 usage. According to the company to improve user experience and to enhance security.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-continues-to-send-data-to-microsoft-77904/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-continues-to-send-data-to-microsoft-77904/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I thought Windows 10 wasn’t supposed to send any personally identifiable information to Microsoft or anyone else? I’d say name and email address are pretty specific to each individual.

[QUOTE=roho;2764078]I thought Windows 10 wasn’t supposed to send any personally identifiable information to Microsoft or anyone else? I’d say name and email address are pretty specific to each individual.[/QUOTE]

Would it be cool to know that your Wi-Fi password can also be sent depending on your settings.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2760277]WiFi Sense (and ship your Wi-Fi password to MS - Great!)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules]
“NumberOfSIUFInPeriod”=dword:00000000[/QUOTE]
Combine that with your email and the rest, and I can safely say it has gone ‘ever so slightly’ too far.

I was unaware of this change as only the test-PC has got the update so far and I only played with it for one afternoon.
Thanks for the heads up, I hope I get some time on my hand this weekend to drill down into this new build.

I checked this out and I’m sure it’s one of the items that O&O stops. I just looked at both the original and changed names. “Digi track” isn’t there and “Connected User Experiences and Telemetry” is definitely disabled. I did nothing to change this setting. ???

Typical Microsoft behavior. Their only focus is silencing the criticism, not fixing the things they are getting criticized about. Never in a million years will Microsoft respect anyone’s privacy.

Microsoft will be history much sooner than a million years!

If they continue this privacy demolition derby with their users, let alone the code quality they produce hence moa security patch n patches, they’re going cactus within ~5 years. Place your bets!

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2764436]Microsoft will be history much sooner than a million years!

If they continue this privacy demolition derby with their users, let alone the code quality they produce hence moa security patch n patches, they’re going cactus within ~5 years. Place your bets![/QUOTE]

I think I will go with you on this one, back in the late '80s, I predicted IBM’s downfall and everybody laughed at me, but it is this simple - If the mountain will not come to Mohammed, Mohammed will have to go to the mountain (pardon me for the comparison). Now, if Mohammed will not go to the mountain… Well there we are and the downfall is immediate unless the mountain listens… How is that for a parable :wink: