Windows 10 anniversary update available Aug. 2

vbimport

According to Windows Central, a blog post containing the headline only was available for a short period of time at the Microsoft Blog. while the blog post itself was removed, it is still available for view at the Wayback Machine.

In other words, just a few days after the (so called) ‘free’ upgrade offer times out on July 29th (oh happy day), Windows 10 gets its first real overhaul since the 1511 update. For more information as to what to expect, surf over to Microsoft and read about it there.

Original article here.

oh boy… :Z:Z:Z:Z:Z:Z

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2776997]oh boy… :Z:Z:Z:Z:Z:Z[/QUOTE]
True Windows 10 lover now, aren’t you :bigsmile:

It’s not that bad, soon I can update my Windows 7 installs again (unless they extend ‘the offer’, something I sincerely hope will not happen).

For Windows 10 it means another stab at whatever they got up their sleeve this time around. All in all it looks set for an interesting autumn :bigsmile:

Sounds like the only updates will be for touch enabled devices. Not really interested.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2777001]True Windows 10 lover now, aren’t you :bigsmile:

It’s not that bad, soon I can update my Windows 7 installs again (unless they extend ‘the offer’, something I sincerely hope will not happen).

For Windows 10 it means another stab at whatever they got up their sleeve this time around. All in all it looks set for an interesting autumn :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Not really just stating the fact older system have issues going Win10 is all. I have the upgrade disk might check again to re-download the latest Win10 ISO before the July end date… :slight_smile: So if I want to play with WinX then I have my copy to play with… :doh:. Win7 is working and running just fine for me and my family and their laptop and computers. To me the benefits from Win7 don’t justify having a Win10 even though my motherboard does have the drivers for Win10. I’ll choose to have a stable platform that my software works with still. That is why is missed “Stable Platform” latest bells/whistles doesn’t always give one that feeling.

The dead blog post link mentioned at the top is alive again and this time there’s even contents, not just the headline :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2777004]Sounds like the only updates will be for touch enabled devices. Not really interested.[/QUOTE]

Sure, that’s what they promote, touch is probably the future Microsoft envisions. Still, as the blog post indicates, there is an improvement to security and other features as well. Only a few days left until we know :flower: