Windows 10 Anniversary Edition arrives tomorrow

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition arrives tomorrow[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/08/Windows-10-anniversary-update-logo-banner-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-anniversary-edition-arrives-tomorrow-80085/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I got Windows 10 on all my computers free with the upgrade but I would happily pay $200 for a version of Windows 10 that did absolutely NOTHING except allow me to install and use OTHER PROGRAMS.

[QUOTE=teachermark;2778793]I got Windows 10 on all my computers free with the upgrade but I would happily pay $200 for a version of Windows 10 that did absolutely [B]NOTHING [/B]except allow me to install and use [B]OTHER PROGRAMS[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hello teachermark, and welcome to the forum :flower:

I am not entirely sure what you are referring to by other programs, but there is little difference when it comes to older programs and games and so maybe this thread can help you along being able to install those other programs? If not, I’d suggest you start a thread over in the ‘Windows 8 and Windows 10’ sub-forum with details of your challenge and who knows, maybe we can help :slight_smile:

Ooooh yes, a new beast to tame, can hardly wait to see what they got up their sleeve this time - In other words, Christmas in August :bigsmile:

I left upgrading to Windows 10 until a week ago as I wanted to wait until they’d ironed out the majority of the problems.

I had one slight issue with lack of audio but Windows fixed that automatically when I told it to search for updated sound drivers.

Overall I’m quite impressed as there’s next to nothing that I’ve had to reinstall or reconfigure and it boots up faster than Windows 7.

Obviously it’s not impossible that it will break but so far so good.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2778813]I left upgrading to Windows 10 until a week ago as I wanted to wait until they’d ironed out the majority of the problems.[/QUOTE]The stories I heard so far alot went W10 and went back. Not a good sign and even OEM W10 users want W7-of which can’t be done because there is no W7 drivers for them anymore.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2778813]I had one slight issue with lack of audio but Windows fixed that automatically when I told it to search for updated sound drivers.[/QUOTE]Others had far more problems and lost data as result of this upgrade. Yours was lucky-others were not so lucky.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2778813]Overall I’m quite impressed as there’s next to nothing that I’ve had to reinstall or reconfigure and it boots up faster than Windows 7.
Obviously it’s not impossible that it will break but so far so good.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]Here we go again with this “Faster”. On a identical system both updated System drivers and hardware. The human perception of Fast can’t tell the difference. A few seconds isn’t going to improve computing. The majority of computer users don’t mod their system so this so called “Fast” well never enter their world.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2778814]Here we go again with this “Faster”. On a identical system both updated System drivers and hardware. The human perception of Fast can’t tell the difference. A few seconds isn’t going to improve computing. The majority of computer users don’t mod their system so this so called “Fast” well never enter their world.[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid Windows 10 can boot a lot faster than Windows 7 because of the hybrid boot feature. I know hybrid boot is not a real shutdown but that’s what it defaults to on a single OS machine, so the average computer is at the desktop within a second or two.

Where you are right is on a dual boot or with hybrid boot off. All of my machines with Win 10 are multi boots with 7 and sometimes 8.1, on those Win 10 is no faster to boot.

I got my update on both PCs.
Nothing is broken, and some of the new features are really nice.

Just allowed the update to install. So far, the few interface tweaks seem nice! I’m kind of excited to see if I really -feel- the changes in a positive (or negative) way.

No sign of it here yet.

For anyone interested, here is version info.

If I want Win10 I get a Win10 Pro machine not upgrade. I rather have something is that already working rather then having to loose money and time fixing something that works and isn’t broken. Windows 7 is working quite if I may say. Got updates but having GWX and disableWindows10 - I don’t have to worry about the Nags from Windows 10.

Update isn’t showing up here. But they usually stagger the release for less stress on the servers. May take a few days.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2778836]Update isn’t showing up here. But they usually stagger the release for less stress on the servers. May take a few days.[/QUOTE]You might be able to force the update from here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2778835]If I want Win10 I get a Win10 Pro machine not upgrade. I rather have something is that already working rather then having to loose money and time fixing something that works and isn’t broken. Windows 7 is working quite if I may say. Got updates but having GWX and disableWindows10 - I don’t have to worry about the Nags from Windows 10.[/QUOTE]I think by now we are all very well aware of your dislike of Windows 10, but some of us prefer Windows 10 over Win7.

I was pointing out that the update hadn’t broken anything on my PC, which is more than I can say about some of the early Win7 service packs I received when I was running Win7.

[QUOTE=Dee;2778837]You might be able to force the update from here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12387/windows-10-update-history[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link Dee. :flower:

For some folks, remember to turn off “Defer upgrades” in your settings. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dee;2778838]I think by now we are all very well aware of your dislike of Windows 10, but some of us prefer Windows 10 over Win7.

I was pointing out that the update hadn’t broken anything on my PC, which is more than I can say about some of the early Win7 service packs I received when I was running Win7.[/QUOTE]Windows 10 beat windows 7 hands down for me I just upgraded two towers and three laptops today with no issues whatsoever very easy more than I can say with windows 7 i did not have to find a single driver for any of the upgrades or for the one clean insall i did on my main rig.:bow:

[QUOTE=Dee;2778838]I think by now we are all very well aware of your dislike of Windows 10, but some of us prefer Windows 10 over Win7.

I was pointing out that the update hadn’t broken anything on my PC, which is more than I can say about some of the early Win7 service packs I received when I was running Win7.[/QUOTE]
No, I never said I disliked it. It’s how it was implemented and how MS is touting how popular it is when it really isn’t. It’s market shares don’t pan that out. How they forced update and didn’t really still listen to user input is what puts me off and then makes the Nag malware is also a big No in my playbook to get people to accept a O/S. They never listened and this is how it ended still dead last. That is the story that is being missed.

[QUOTE=Dee;2778837]You might be able to force the update from here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12387/windows-10-update-history[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for sharing the link. :flower:

I Keep a Windows 10 Pro as a non-crippled install where everything is on as a test-computer to keep up with the convenience functions like Cortana etc.

Even this computer was left out cold, but thanks to your link, the pilot is installing the update as I write and ‘Fort Knox’ (This is the one dead silent at the network card) being backed up with Macrium Reflect at current and is next up. I would not know if that can be upgraded since it is a Windows 10 Enterprise but I’ll report back on the subject when I get around to do this.

Have to keep up with the new stuff :iagree: - Don’t want to be left behind :disagree: - Tomorrow, if someone asks, I want to be able to answer :bigsmile: