Windows 10 – Abusing children’s privacy

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 – Abusing children’s privacy[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows-10-here-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Windows 10’s lack of respecting the user’s privacy is well known to the most of us by now. With Microsoft Family now an even more disturbing capability has surfaced. Children have zero privacy.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-abusing-childrens-privacy-77108/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-abusing-childrens-privacy-77108/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Sounds like a fun new toy for hackers to play with.

No need to go to the trouble of deploying your own spyware any more. Just figure how to enable Microsoft’s remotely for all user accounts and redirect the reports.

The concerned parents argue the feature violates the privacy of their children.

Well duh…doesn’t take Rocket Scientist to know this and if your not conversing with your children in friendly family way then you the parents and kids have some serious family issues that Windows 10 will not solve.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2759123]Sounds like a fun new toy for hackers to play with.

No need to go to the trouble of deploying your own spyware any more. Just figure how to enable Microsoft’s remotely for all user accounts and redirect the reports.[/QUOTE]
Not that but the Pedos are more then overjoyed by this feature…now not only can they track your children online they now can spy on them even more.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2759140]Not that but the Pedos are more then overjoyed by this feature…now not only can they track your children online they now can spy on them even more.[/QUOTE]
You make an excellent case for parents having this feature. :iagree:

It’s a dangerous (online) world out there. Kids are vulnerable and someone needs to keep an eye on them. :p:bigsmile:

I wouldn’t trust MS to do this.
They may be using this to track more than children.
Even if they are only tracking children it seems to be information that could be valuable for MS to sell.
I also disagreed with a statement in the article:

Children have an equal right to privacy as adults do,

When it comes to parents children have no legal right to privacy .
Since the parent can be held liable for most of their childrens’ actions.
Financially & sometimes criminally. That gives them the right to know .

This is an optional feature, you actually have to go out of your way to set this feature up, for the people that do NOT want to use this feature then just create a local login like you always did and go along your merry way.

No one is forcing you to use the feature, and even if you use the Family feature you can even turn those monitoring things off, it is right there in the setup.

Microsoft have repeatedly said it does not use kids data and target kids, they actually go out of their way to protect kids using their products, read up on it. In any case most of these fear mongering parents probably use iPhones and iPads to babysit there kids.

Hey people I heard there is a sale on Tinfoil hats on sale.

[QUOTE=SamSmith;2759170]No one is forcing you to use the feature, and even if you use the Family feature you can even turn those monitoring things off, it is right there in the setup.[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid that’s not true. After all, it’s not like the children really have any say in the matter. Idealistically, I think they should, but the fact is, their parents, legal guardians, teachers, etc. are making the decision for them. The only way to get any real privacy is to use a bootable CD/flash drive (I recommend tails, btw) when no one is looking. Of course, that’s assuming the manufacture allows non-Windows OS’s to load on the machine.

In this day and age I think it is a great Idea maybe not for MS to do there are other programs out there that will get the job done but it is indeed a great tool for parents to use in this world where both parents work and children unfortunately are left alone with no way for the parents to know what they are doing on the net.

JMO.