Windows 10 32 bit installation problem

Trying to install Win 10 32 bit on as Gigabyte X370 with Ryzen 1600x. Windows refused to continue with installlation after I select this O/S to installed. I get a Windows message saying required file is missing or contain errors. \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi
Thanks,Wayne

Why do you want to install 32 bit? You can’t use more than ca. 3.2 GB RAM with it. If you have 4 GB or more installed you must use 64 bit OS to use all of the installed RAM.
The error seems to be related to that, UEFI boot requires OS that “fits”. 64 bit UEFI requires 64 bit OS.

to have a dedicated old games computer. 64 bit version prevent installation of old games. I have my other computers on 64 bit version.
Gigabyte support page of my motherboard Gaming K7 show 32bit drivers and software so I assumed it will be able to use 32 bit version. And since Windows 10 come in 32 bit flavor, therefore, it should work. It work on my old X58 chipset based motherboard. I want to retired the X58 motherboard and use the X370 chipset motherboard instead. The memory available is more than enough to play all my old games.

You should be able to disable UEFI boot in BIOS, it should work then.

Thanks for your tip. Change the boot option to USB instead of UEFI USB. I also disable “other PCI DeviceRom Priority” and change Storage Boot Option Control to “Legacy”. Win 10 32 bit got installed. By the way, would you know if the two additional change I did is necessary or not? Again, thanks for your help, much appreciated,Wayne

[quote=“Oinker, post:2, topic:410215, full:true”]
Why do you want to install 32 bit? You can’t use more than ca. 3.2 GB RAM with it. If you have 4 GB or more installed you must use 64 bit OS to use all of the installed RAM.[/quote]

I still use a computer with the x86 version of Windows 7 on it. I have old, old legacy 32 bit software I still use for engineering design in specific use cases. This software will not run on any x64 Windows OS. It also will not run on 32 bit Windows 10 or 11. When I use this computer it always reminds me of the how Windows 7 brought forward so many OS features we still see today in Windows 11. Also, when I loaded 32 bit Windows 10 on the computer (an i5 7600 machine) I was amazed at how fast the OS ran on less than 4GB of RAM and a M.2 SSD.