Windata DVD+R DL 20-pack $6.99, in-store only, today only at MicroCenter

Yes, this is not Verbatim. They show as RICHOJPN D01 67 and are MIC. They burn fine for me on a Pioneer DVR-212D. Not so good on a Samsung SH-S223F and a coaster from a LiteOn ihes108-29.

Price works out to 35 cents each plus tax. At that price I can afford a few coasters and don’t mind testing on multiple burners, speeds, software, etc.

Best results have been at 4x on the Pioneer. KProbe scan on my LiteOn shows 8 out of 11 within DVD spec, 2 above spec but still play on a Sony console and 1 coaster.

35 cents.

OK, now flame away. :wink:

[QUOTE=bysitter;2466795]

OK, now flame away. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hope your Pioneer burns don’t deteriorate too quickly. By the way, did I include enough flames? :slight_smile:

No such price in Houston, TX.

Here, you get 10 Windata for $7, and 20 disks for $11.

On the other hand, Verbatim is 20 disks for $25, which is pretty decent.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2466846]Hope your Pioneer burns don’t deteriorate too quickly. By the way, did I include enough flames? :)[/QUOTE] Hey - great photo! And I was expecting a tirade regarding the error of my ways.

[QUOTE=tsidulya;2466978]No such price in Houston, TX.

Here, you get 10 Windata for $7, and 20 disks for $11.

On the other hand, Verbatim is 20 disks for $25, which is pretty decent.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I considered the Verbatim deal as well. I don’t follow this too closely but I’m guessing they never go below $1 each.

So Microcenter pricing isn’t uniform nationally? I did notice that the Windata 20-packs were tagged and signed $11.99 in the West Atlanta store today but rang up at $6.99.

[QUOTE=bysitter;2467039]Yeah, I considered the Verbatim deal as well. I don’t follow this too closely but I’m guessing they never go below $1 each.

So Microcenter pricing isn’t uniform nationally? I did notice that the Windata 20-packs were tagged and signed $11.99 in the West Atlanta store today but rang up at $6.99.[/QUOTE]

Wait, these things were labeled differently than $6.99? How did you find out that they were $6.99, if the label had a different price?

On the MicroCenter web page Thursday it was shown as the “Deal of the Day” @ $6.99. I purchased one a week earlier @ $11.99 so I took in my receipt and they issued me a refund for the difference. While there I thought I might as well pick up another pack or two. Found a stack near the checkout but they were signed at @ $11.99. Rang up at $6.99.

I’ve gone in after advertised items before and found them tagged and/or signed at the wrong price (higher). I just assume it is due to sloppy merchandising. A manager ought to walk the store before it opens to see if all the specials or sale items are tagged correctly.

I’ll bet somebody in their corporate office this morning was scratching their head wondering why a store has about 300 units of a ‘one day special’ on hand and sold about 6 :rolleyes:

So, I never set foot in a MicroCenter without checking online prices and quantities on hand first.

Thanks for the explanation! Good tip! Indeed, a lot of times there is a price mismatch when things go on sale, especially considering that they often have prices on the items themselves.

[QUOTE=bysitter;2467039]Yeah, I considered the Verbatim deal as well. I don’t follow this too closely but I’m guessing they never go below $1 each.

[/QUOTE]

I have only seen it happen once and that was a couple of years ago with an MIR involved, worked out to 90 cents per disc. sigh

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2468852]I have only seen it happen once and that was a couple of years ago with an MIR involved, worked out to 90 cents per disc. sigh[/QUOTE]

I used to get them for about $0.60 per disc all the time at OfficeMax in the states, but that was because we had regular sales and plenty of $10off$20 coupons back then.

Was also able to snag some for about $0.50 per disc when the Sony DVD+R DL was MIS and Staples had lots of good coupons. Those were the days.

Now, your best bet is the 50-pack at Sam’s Club or the 20-pack at NewEgg.