Win7 "Paint" doesn't handle colors correctly!

vbimport

Open a photo and grab a darker pixel’s color with the eyedropper. Paste it on the same pixel with the pencil tool. Try until you clearly see that many colors are re-applied completely false!

I tried it on several completely different pictures. Always the same result.

Even a difference of one single step of the 257 RGB-steps in just one of the three RGB-colors - which would be invisible by far for the human eye - would make every picture editor a joke.

Vista and earlier, Paint always worked absolutely correct.

It’s so unneeded and poor.

[QUOTE=anikk;2474472]Open a photo and grab a darker pixel’s color with the eyedropper. Paste it on the same pixel with the pencil tool. Try until you clearly see that many colors are re-applied completely false!

I tried it on several completely different pictures. Always the same result.

Even a difference of one single step of the 257 RGB-steps in just one of the three RGB-colors - which would be invisible by far for the human eye - would make every picture editor a joke.

Vista and earlier, Paint always worked absolutely correct.

It’s so unneeded and poor.[/QUOTE]

If that is so how about showing us a sample that would also help to distinguish what your asking about. For something like that a visual representation helps others to see what your talking about??

That’s impossible to do, since on everything there’s a copyright. Simply open any jpeg in Paint and scale it bigger under “View”. As big as single pixels begin to be clearly visible. Draw a color with the eyedropper and paste the color on that very same pixel (or the one next to it). Sometimes you will notice a more or less drastic change of the pixel’s color.

But I did further experiments: It’s even more strange. If you scale to somewehre between original and maximum possible scaling it takes wrong colors. On maximum possible scaling however the problem strangely disappears and you cannot reproduce it anymore.

However: You can still paste a false pixel color into maximum scaling that was taken while you did scale to a size between original and maximum!

If you don’t believe me that I saw this with my own eyes it’s no problem. I just wanted to share what I saw. Maybe you or other members can find the time to test it. I know that you didn’t say that I made it up, but only that the description is not enough. But it’s really not that hard to test it with following my description. It’s an uncomplicated test to do.

Without something for the rest of us to compare to it’s hard to know what your asking cause everyone’s equipment and video setup will not be the same. That’s the catch-22 question. No one says they don’t believe you but without a control and test to view and compare to it’s hard to know what one sees is the same as another sees it. You don’t have to use something that is copyright but public to just show us the difference between the two and so that other can find that source and test for themselves if they get the same result. It’s just like science if you got a theory you have to show how you did it so others can see if they get the same of different results to your test.