Win7 installation remains on Starting Windows

vbimport

Hi everyone,
Recently I have assembled a Pc with SOFM2 ASROCK FM2A88M-HD M-ATXÂ - FM2A88M-HD+ motherboard and cpu Amd A8 7600.
I installed Win7 Ultimate but - I don’t know if has worth - during upgrading O.S. my friend tried to plug a new hard disk added with pc turned on and the system shutted off.
When I tried to turn on Pc it shows the boot.mgr missing…as a profecy.
I tried to repair by installation Win 7 Cd and system worked fine ending also about 1Gb of upgrading.
Meanwhile I was not there my friend told me that he entered into bios modifing something until I said him to stop it.
Now the system if you try to install/repair by Win7 Cd gives you the image Starting Windows session endlessly.
Even if you try to replace the hard disk the system gives you the same result.
This is very strange…because even if he modified something into bios this result is out understanding.

If you don’t know what he changed set the bios back to default settings and see if that makes it happy, otherwise just find out what he changed and change it back. Depending on what drive and how it was meant to be installed plugging it in while it’s on can cause all kinds of problems like you saw. Some drive setups are meant to be hot swappable which means you can change, unplug, or add a new one while everything’s running, if your not sure much safer to shut down, then add it in so you don’t cause any damage. The box should detect it on booting up then if needed you can format it and all that once booted into the OS. Some bios will allow you to format it in the bios settings too but make sure you do the right one or you’ll have a very bad day.

[QUOTE=umby75fg;2764812]Hi everyone,
Recently I have assembled a Pc with SOFM2 ASROCK FM2A88M-HD M-ATX - FM2A88M-HD+ motherboard and cpu Amd A8 7600.
I installed Win7 Ultimate but - I don’t know if has worth - during upgrading O.S. my friend tried to plug a new hard disk added with pc turned on and the system shutted off.[/QUOTE]Here’s the problem adding a HDD when it is on will kill the system because of power surge that will most likely kill the HDD as well.

[QUOTE=umby75fg;2764812]When I tried to turn on Pc it shows the boot.mgr missing…as a profecy.
I tried to repair by installation Win 7 Cd and system worked fine ending also about 1Gb of upgrading.[/QUOTE]What would you expect when your friend did that it corrupted the installation thus there was no O/S installed or boot system installed.

[QUOTE=umby75fg;2764812]Meanwhile I was not there my friend told me that he entered into bios modifing something until I said him to stop it.
Now the system if you try to install/repair by Win7 Cd gives you the image Starting Windows session endlessly.[/QUOTE]This means your friend hosed the system and you need to start from beginning again. Your friend is no friend at this point in time. You need to reset the BIOS to default Factory to remove any changes your so-called friend did. Why are you letting the friend mess with your system? That friend has no obligation to fix anything the friend damaged.

[QUOTE=umby75fg;2764812]Even if you try to replace the hard disk the system gives you the same result.
This is very strange…because even if he modified something into bios this result is out understanding.[/QUOTE]No your friend plugging a HDD into a “ON” system most likely damaged something on the motherboard and HDD doing this bonehead move. You never plug HDD into a “ON” system do that and you can expect trouble and damaged hardware.