WIN your own LG N2B1 NAS with 2TB of Storage!

vbimport

Here’s one for you (*if you’re from the US), and I know you’re gonna love this.

LG USA has very kindly made FOUR(!) LG N2B1 NAS units available for you. LG Super-Multi NAS N2B1 is a network storage device with a Blu-ray Disc rewriter which serves as an additional backup option storing up to 50GB on a dual layer Blu-ray disc.

To be more precise, this is what you get: two N2B1DD2 (with built-in Blu-ray writer), and two N2R1DD2 – which is the same system, only it has a DVD writer instead of blu-ray. Both units offer 2TB of built-in hard disk storage capacity. The LG N2B1DD2 was reviewd by MegaDETHas outstanding: “The LG N2B1DD2 NAS with its sleek looks, Blu-ray rewriter and ease of operation make it a one of a kind NAS solution” (check out full LG N2B1DD2 review here).

At the end of April, we will be giving away the first two units (one with blu-ray and one with DVD). The other two units will be given away at the end of May, so stay tuned for that.

For the first giveaway, what do you have to do?

1. Tell us why you want to win
  2. Tell us, or show us (graphic, video, etc.) why you think Life’s Good with LG NAS.

Let us know below (just reply in this thread – it is that easy!) or send us an e-mail at contest(@)myce.com. At the end of April, this contest closes and we will pick two winners.

*This contest is made possible by LG USA, and therefore unfortunately is open only to US residents.

Hi guys ,another contest,Am i wasting my time hoping for a chance to win a storage unit to store music,I just don’t trust windows media player or my antique gateway that’s why I was hoping to win the dvd burner some lucky guys did-congrates to the winners I copy every thing I got to a cd or dvd when I can.But storage is a big factor that’s why my bed room is wall to wall plastic.I’m new to Myce have you guys done a thread on life span of cds and dvds ? Hey I’m sreamin’ and crying the Blues for a storage unit.

I’d love to win one because I’m using a Western Digital HDTV live now and even more network storage with a built in blu ray burner would be a awesome addition.
I think life would be good because I have many of their products all ready and they all have worked well and are great quality with no issues so far.
Like I said this unit would complete a killer networked media player system that could also be used for data backups of any machine on the network and be able to share all my content without filling up all the space on my machine here. I could also make hard copies of my keepers in just about any format or media directly with this and maybe not even have to fire up the PC.
Hoping for the BD version but I’d be happy with either unit.

I have a Lynksys NSLU2 now and am using it to my 2 HDTV pc’s…
I would love to UPGRADE this part of my system, I have several people following me as my system grows. With a retiree budget it is hard to put aside $$ for my projects.
Built in BluRay would be AWSOME

Oh man, thats unfair. :-(((

I was holding my breath and thought “incredible!!!” until I read this:

"*This contest is made possible by LG USA, and therefore unfortunately is open only to US residents. "

im out of work, i have very little savings to live on, im 58 years old, and i cant afford to buy much of anything. if i had a choice i would ask for a job so i could afford to buy this lg product.

It seems awesome and solid.

First off, who won the LiteOn DVD drive?

Second, I should get this because I live in my basement and don’t have many friends. I have only my movies and my cat to keep me company. If I had this I could put all kind of movies on it and only have to show my face when Meals on Wheels comes to the door. Please show some pity for me. I’m so lonely and starved for good tech that I once paid a hooker to visit me. Now it hurts when I pee.

“I’m Duke Nukem, and I approve this message”.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2500624]First off, who won the LiteOn DVD drive?

Second, I should get this because I live in my basement and don’t have many friends. I have only my movies and my cat to keep me company. If I had this I could put all kind of movies on it and only have to show my face when Meals on Wheels comes to the door. Please show some pity for me. I’m so lonely and starved for good tech that I once paid a hooker to visit me. Now it hurts when I pee.

“I’m Duke Nukem, and I approve this message”.[/QUOTE]

I laughed when I saw this, It kind of reminds me of a bad poem.
I wouldn’t mind having this fantastic Hard Drive/Burner seeing as Steam has filled my Hard Drive with great games.

I’d like to win because I’m poor and could never afford to buy this and If I did win life would indeed be good with LG ;~)

I Love reading these, I will keep reading as long as I have a chance to be one so lucky,I’m Screamin’ and Cryin’ the Blues for the LG N 2B1 NAS

I want to win because for the past few years I’ve had to store my data on my hard drive. To take my data with me or to another PC I’ve had to make hundreds of DVD’s. The LG NAS would help me take everything from my priceless data to my research and make it accessible from anywhere in the world. I could move and update my data on the road. Sometimes it’s not always possible to take all of my files due to size and constantly moving\copying\deleting files from DVD’s is not fun nor cheap.

Life’s Good with LG NAS because first of all it’s a company you can count on. Plus with a NAS you can know life would be good because of all the good a NAS could and would bring. Making life’s many chores more simple means making more time for whats good and what counts!

I’m in the US. In fact I’m quitting a US Government job effective tomorrow.

I almost screamed like a little girl since I was looking for a product like this. But then I read the part about it being only for americans.

If you want to see me scream like a little girl again, let me win and just send it to Canada, we’re the freakin same anyways.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=Zzyzxroad;2500708]I almost screamed like a little girl since I was looking for a product like this. But then I read the part about it being only for americans.

If you want to see me scream like a little girl again, let me win and just send it to Canada, we’re the freakin same anyways.

:D[/QUOTE]

I am a Operating System and Software Hobbyist and ofcourse… Canadian. I am always installing different Linux Distributions like SuperOS, elive, Linux Mint, etc. I dual boot, boot all the time. I install hundreds of software and use the experience’s I have with the software to pass on to my friends and family. Unfortunately I’ve lost lots of important information, with the most important being bookmarks, resumes, and some books t that I’ve started to author. What sucks is that I’m also losing lot’s of media. Family photo’s, backed up DVD’s and CD’s, Boot CD’s for repair.
I’m not really into doing anything with my hobbies. That is to say, I don’t produce any content, or at least I haven’t. I’ve only just started with web-based “cloud” backups. This is truly for only small files. Who has a connection that’s fast enough to backup all their data to a cloud. And if that said person did, I’m sure they could afford to buy a local backup system, that we’re all trying to win. I’m trying to backup everything now, since I’m starting to actually use my experience to produce something. Book, web-startup, etc. With my hobby, I lost all my information on my windows “media partition”. I worked hard on some stuff that I figured would be safe on my partition. Unfortunately I didn’t account for a corrupted file system. This is why I want the LG backup solution so much. I need to keep the content I created, and I don’t feel comfortable with it being somewhere in a cloud. What if that cloud breaks. So I’m willing to become an American. I will move to New York, which is across the bridge, which is down the street. I don’t have proper ID, so I’m going as contraband criminal. I’m putting my freedom on the line too for this. I don’t think I will be welcomed in open arms since the Canadians kicked the States ass at the Winter Olympics. All this I will do just to win.

NOTE: I’ve never been to America, honest. I’ve only been in pats of Ontario, and Quebec. I’m trusting kind, Tim Hortinless, Americans to give me substandard coffee and hockey at an affordable price. I hope I don’t end up like 50cent half dollar, we don’t use this denomination in Canada. We call ourselves 100 percent Canadians, and our blood flows with superior intelligence. We are the only country that can afford to give everyone free housing in our easily built igloo’s. I hope there’s somewhere for me to live when I get to the States. I will learn to like your Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts, your football league, and water downed beer, But I will love and be honoured and proud American with the flag raised high, if I can only win LG LG N2B1 NAS.

PS: I will also learn to spell honor instead of honour, as well as color. I heard that you will be having free healthcare soon, so I expect at the very least, long wait times, and poor diagnosis. I will learn to call it a Cab and not a Taxi. I will give up my Canadian Identity like so many other famous Canadians, for your imperial Amish life. Please don’t steal my oil, it’s all I have for my car to get back to Canada if I’m not well received.

LG products are fantastic right across the board. From refrigerators to TVs and computer equipment their brand is the mark of quality. I would be proud to win the LG N2B1 NAS and life would indeed be good as I would use it to supplement my recording studio setup. In fact, if I win the LG N2B1 NAS I will even write LG a new jingle. Seriously.

olyteddy no cheating to win :cop: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2500692]I’m in the US. In fact I’m quitting a US Government job effective tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I SHOULD GET THE NEW DRIVE, BECAUSE I AM THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST. AND BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ONE, AND BECAUSE I’M 58 AND I MIGHT NOT BE HERE TOMORROW, AND BECAUSE I JUST WANT IT. IVE NEVER WON ANYTHING IN MY LIFE. I CANT EVEN PLAY THE PENNY SLOTS IN LOUISIANA AND WIN. IVE NEVER WON SHOOTING MARBLES WHEN I WAS A KID OR EVEN PITCHING WASHERS. I DESERVE TO WIN ONCE IN MY LIFE AND I WANT TO WIN THIS DRIVE NOW BEFORE THEY THROW DIRT IN MY FACE. BESIDES I CANT AFFORD ONE. COME ON ,GIVE A OLD MAN A BREAK

I’d like to use it for work. I work at a local community college in new york state. They have cut the bottom out of our budget, and we can’t afford to buy anything in the IT Department, any longer. I’d use this storage unit for my PC, to store and back up all the work I do, software I design, documentation that I draw up and files that I store, on my PC. Plus, I could evaluate the product, for our institution and others, and recommend it, if it works well, for future purchases, if our budgetary situation improves, or for fellow techies, in private universities and IT departments and companies, for purchase,. Plus, I would always have the ability to bring it home, since I own it, to back up our home network, for me and the kids files. Thanks for your consideration.

NAS would be nice, I’ll take it.