WIN XP Activation

vbimport

Do i have to activate i.e. register it online to make it work for more that 30 days..

and is it easy to copy the CD using Clone Cd.
THanks ..

Do i have to activate i.e. register it online to make it work for more that 30 days…

U don’t have to register it if u don’t want too.

and is it easy to copy the CD using Clone Cd.

Yes,read with no settings selected and burn with close last.

Theres no protection.

Later.

You need to do the Product activation, but you can do so anonymously, either by phone or with direct connection.

Any other way to use this after the first 30days of trial would be illegal (and thus cannot be discussed here)

Well the Corporate edition of Win XP Pro need not be activated. If you have that, no need to activate.

Originally posted by darshanjog
Well the Corporate edition of Win XP Pro need not be activated. If you have that, no need to activate.

The corporate is only available for volume licensing, not for the home user (unless you buy 100+ licenses for your computers at home :wink: ), so that option was not taken into account.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]You need to do the Product activation, but you can do so anonymously, either by phone or with direct connection.

Any other way to use this after the first 30days of trial would be illegal (and thus cannot be discussed here) [/B]

wouldnt making backups of games etc be illegal too? :confused:

Originally posted by C4a0s

wouldnt making backups of games etc be illegal too? :confused:

No. You’re allowed to back up anything, as long as you can.
But cracking and hacking (or any modifying of code) is illegal.

Originally posted by C4a0s
[B]

wouldnt making backups of games etc be illegal too? :confused: [/B]

That all depends on your EULA.
This has been discussed several times before, but is not in all cases illegal.

Modifying software is in almost all cases illegal (open source does not qualify for this)