Win XP 64-Bit Edition

vbimport

Is there anyone here using the 64-Bit Edition of windows XP? Or is there even anyone here who has an athlon 64 and is not using the 64-Bit Edition of windows XP?

Is there any reason not to it on on a desktop PC (compatability with programs etc.)

(I am wondering whether or not to download the 360 day trial)

Don’t you have to have a 64bit CPU for it to run?

it won’t be long before i have an athlon 64

I’m not running it yet. I don’t have any money (for now) to get me such a great 64 bit CPU, so I can’t run it.

From what I read, it seems that most programs already run on it. It’s quite noticable that’s beta though, as there is quite some software that performs worse on the 64bit edition of XP, compared to the 32bit edition (even on the same CPU!).

I’d stick with standard XP (or 64bit Linux :)) for now and wait for the final release to switch to XP 64 bit. Ofcourse, if you want to try the software, just make a dualboot of your system and see how it turns out for you :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I’d stick with standard XP (or 64bit Linux :)) for now and wait for the final release to switch to XP 64 bit. Ofcourse, if you want to try the software, just make a dualboot of your system and see how it turns out for you :slight_smile:
Good advice; i dont know how 2 make a dual boot so i wont bother, and as uve probably guessed, Im not a linux user

It’s simple to make dualboot with two windows installations just install to different locations preferrably different partitions and the installer does the rest for you

the installer? whats that

Originally posted by shuebhussain
the installer? whats that

The piece of software that installs Windows on your computer :slight_smile:

oh of course :o

First tests appear to give a 20% performance loss on games. :bigsmile:

@Mr. Belvedere

out of sheer interest. are you running any 64-bit oses

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]@Mr. Belvedere

out of sheer interest. are you running any 64-bit oses [/B]

Not at home , but i can play with the Dual Opteron at work from time to time.