Win Vista 64 and Pattin Coffin

Windows Vista won’t let me use the pattin coffin driver as it is not digitally signed, how do I proceed?

Will using the nero burn engine avoid this problem. Pattin coffin is for the VSO burn engine isn’t it? Thanks.

ddutton,
In answer to your 1st post.
You shouldn’t get a problem with Vista (even 64 bit) working with pattin coffin driver.
I don’t.
However I prefer not to use it.
Second post.
Yes you are right.
Using Nero means you will not need the VSO plugin anyway.
The same applies if using ImgBurn.

yes the driver works for 64 bits, but to be signed it needs to be validated by microsoft, so it costs money and it doesn’t prevent any bug anyway. so it is a question of confidence, I can tell you it works but you can choose to not believe me.

[QUOTE=soulsurvivor;2119176]ddutton,
In answer to your 1st post.
You shouldn’t get a problem with Vista (even 64 bit) working with pattin coffin driver.
I don’t.
However I prefer not to use it.
Second post.
Yes you are right.
Using Nero means you will not need the VSO plugin anyway.
The same applies if using ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]yup i agree and have Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit OS. I use ImgBurn as my burn engine choice though.

imgburn has a lot of options to select the access layer, we can work without the patin-couffin too, relaying to the SPTI mode, but for best control over the hardware, our driver is recommanded but not required.

yeah lapinou i didn’t say there was anything wrong with Pattin Coffin driver. I just have the choice to use ImgBurn and do because i use it with other apps i have.

but I didn’t take it wrong as well :slight_smile: imgburn is very good choice.
We are just working back on this program, to add top class support for Blu-ray, I don’t know what is the status to burn Blu-ray movies with ImgBurn

imgburn can also use pattin couffin. :slight_smile:

imgburn supports blu-ray :slight_smile:

This is taken from ImgBurn site www.imgburn.com :

[B]You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.[/B]

I’m sure it will burn the output. I don’t have a Blu-ray burner to test.

hey bob look closer at the top of the home page first sentence :slight_smile:

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application

[QUOTE=troy512;2119193]imgburn can also use pattin couffin. :slight_smile:

imgburn supports blu-ray :)[/QUOTE]yes this is true :slight_smile:

This is our Pattin Couffin lessons for today :bigsmile:

How do I get Vista to use the pattin Coffin, I know it is not signed but I wasn’t given the option to us it, just the message it wasn’t signed and wouldn’t load.

You could try disabling the "UAC " in Vista.:wink:

Are you logged on as Administrator when you do the install?

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2119306]Are you logged on as Administrator when you do the install?[/QUOTE]

That’s the answer.
Right click & “Run as Administrator”.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2119297]You could try disabling the "UAC " in Vista.;)[/QUOTE]

Also
System settings: Use Certificate Rules on Windows Executables for Software Restriction Policies
can be disabled :bigsmile: