Win 98se and cd-rw issue

Have an older computer with win 98se on it. The CD burner died so I purchased a new cd-rw burner. Needed to do this so I could burn pictures from hd.

Anyway, installed a Memorex 52x CD-RW burner. (only one I could find to work with win 98) Reads and plays data and music but will not burn.

The only fix I could get from Memorex was http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324129/

Thia is an XP fix that is supposed to work on 98se only problem with this is that the what my 98 registry says and what an XP registry says are different

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dude, Upgrade your operating system!!

What is the model number of the burner, did it not come with the 98se drive disk?

Its a 52x Memorex Ultra speed CD-RW recorder no model number on box. Only disk it came with was Nero and win 98 se USB driver. No drivers on it for internal cd drive.

Since I have other computers upgrading this one is not a priority, getting the pictures off it is.

Tried with ImgBurn - Build Mode yet?

Hi,[QUOTE=vkeiser;1917674]Anyway, installed a Memorex 52x CD-RW burner. (only one I could find to work with win 98) Reads and plays data and music but will not burn. [/quote]Did you use Nero or other CD-writing software? Was there some error message?

Also, you can use any CD or DVD writer on a Win98 machine. If there are any restrictions, then only by the CD/DVD writing software that comes with the drive (but you are not forced to install it if you use other software).

Michael