Win 8.1 upgrade problem

vbimport

I am trying to install Win 8.1 to Win 8.0 due to a re-install, I am getting a message to install updates, I have upgraded completely, there are no more upgrades available. Still told to install upgrades, re-booted 3x’s no good. Help!. T.I.A.

Can you do a screenshot of the window telling you to install updates? And a screenshot of Windows Update showing you no more updates available?

From my read and understanding of upgrading to 8.1 you must first update all your drivers before doing a O/S update otherwise you will break your drivers…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2742954]From my read and understanding of upgrading to 8.1 you must first update all your drivers before doing a O/S update otherwise you will break your drivers…[/QUOTE]

I re-installed again, I am using my own Win 7 disk, none came with the computer. This has always worked in the past. Now after installing my Win 8 disk and trying to download all updates, upon booting, it is showing a message that the downloads did not download correctly and is reverting.Whereas when I try to upgrade to Win 8.1 in Store, get the message that I need to install upgrades. Try again , same thing. Never happened before. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2743151]I re-installed again, I am using my own Win 7 disk, none came with the computer. This has always worked in the past. Now after installing my Win 8 disk and trying to download all updates, upon booting, it is showing a message that the downloads did not download correctly and is reverting.Whereas when I try to upgrade to Win 8.1 in Store, get the message that I need to install upgrades. Try again , same thing. Never happened before. Any ideas greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Well I would say at this point in time I would stay with Win7 if your having just this much problem trying to install Win8. What kinda computer are you trying to install it on?

Microsoft provides a tool wich allows you to download the win 8.1 iso directly,without need for the store or for a fully updated windows 8…

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2743322]Well I would say at this point in time I would stay with Win7 if your having just this much problem trying to install Win8. What kinda computer are you trying to install it on?[/QUOTE]
Asus essentio i7, 1 T. 8G. I am installed to Win 8 cannot get the updates to further install Win 8.1

[QUOTE=roadworker;2743325]Microsoft provides a tool wich allows you to download the win 8.1 iso directly,without need for the store or for a fully updated windows 8…

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I downloaded to a flash drive, no problem, asked if I wnted to connect to internet for upgrades or not. Did both, in both instances I was next asked for a Win 8.1 Lic. key.Did I miss a step?

Wasn’t your retail key for windows 8 accepted?
If that’s the case,there’s a workaround:get a KMS key from MICROSOFT,proceed the installation …:slight_smile:
(@ staff,this is legit…:bigsmile::wink: )
Now when 8.1 is installed, you can activate it by using your own bought Win 8 product key.
Go to System Properties --> change product key option and insert your own key… although yours wasn’t accepted at the initial install,it will work at activation time…:wink:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2743462]Wasn’t your retail key for windows 8 accepted?
If that’s the case,there’s a workaround:get a KMS key from MICROSOFT,proceed the installation …:slight_smile:
(@ staff,this is legit…:bigsmile::wink: )
Now when 8.1 is installed, you can activate it by using your own bought Win 8 product key.
Go to System Properties --> change product key option and insert your own key… although yours wasn’t accepted at the initial install,it will work at activation time…;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks again road. I initially downloaded to a flash, don’t know why but didn’t work without a Lic. Downloaded an Iso. file , burned it and it worked great, without a Lic.! All is well.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2743518] All is well.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! :iagree: