Win 7 region free dvd player

vbimport

DVD Region Killer V2.7 worked flawlessly on Windows Vista. I upgraded to Win 7 and I can no longer play movie disc DVDs. I get — DVD Error 8090000E — this disc is inhibited because of area limit, — I click on Detailed button and get — The region code of the DVD-ROM drive has been fixed. Only discs that support this region can be played. — Region killer is obviously not working. Is there a programme available like Region Killer for Win 7? I frequently travel internationally and use my laptop to watch movies from different regions. Has anyone got a fix for me please?

You might try looking in the burner forum for your burner and see if you can flash the firware to make it region free

You could try DVD43, but Win7 is not on their list of approved operating systems. And DVD43 doesn’t work on 64bit operating systems if you happen to have Win7 64.

AnyDVD would work for you in either version of Win7, but it is not free.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2484158]You might try looking in the burner forum for your burner and see if you can flash the firware to make it region free[/QUOTE]:iagree:
Plus use playback software that doesn’t care about region restrictions, like VLC (www.videolan.org)

Michael

VideoLAN — VLC 1.0.3 — did the trick Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. Regards, Mick.