Win.10 question

vbimport

Just wondering, anyone having any changes after upgrading to Win.10, might just be my computer or me, but since I upgraded little things, like all of a sudden out of nowhere my RoboForm did not open, Chameleon Clock didn’t open itself after a reboot, a couple of other small things, not really a big deal but I am just trying to determine if its Win10. I know that every time I upgraded since Win 3.1 there were little changes. Anyone else have any similarities?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2760674]Just wondering, anyone having any changes after upgrading to Win.10, might just be my computer or me, but since I upgraded little things, like all of a sudden out of nowhere my RoboForm did not open, Chameleon Clock didn’t open itself after a reboot, a couple of other small things, not really a big deal but I am just trying to determine if its Win10. I know that every time I upgraded since Win 3.1 there were little changes. Anyone else have any similarities?[/QUOTE] None of the Password programs work with " Edge" yet, try Chrome or Explorer.

Thanks Alan, BTW what do you think of Opera?

Was just told I have my upgrade ready but will not do it till a working replacement for media center comes out as Microsoft dropped support for it.
Have heard its actually pretty fast but I actually record HDTV shows from cable so I need wmc or something to replace it that supports cable card and drm.
There are a couple of options that may work but not 100 percent yet.

^It is possible to install Windows Media Center on Windows 10. Here are the instructions and download:

I’d make a complete system image before attempting this and scan for malware. I didn’t find any when I tested it, but you should do so also.

I should also make clear the fact that I didn’t install it, just downloaded the zip file to test. I don’t use WMC anymore and don’t need it, though I had it on both Win 7 and Win 8.1.

Thanks Kerry, I know about that and am a kick starter member for the Silicon Dust DVR program but both still have issues so I’m holding out. I spose I could update sisters pc here to 10 and try the wmc workaround as her machine doesn’t handle any recording duties so should be a safe test bed as other then that 10 is supposed to be pretty good
One way or the other a working solution that’s 100 percent will be made whether SD or this wmc workaround gets there soon.

HI, anyone else having trouble with “IMGBurn” after a windows10 upgrade ? I keep getting delayed with the “waiting for hard disc activity to reach threshold level: target 1.000”

No, I’ve had no issues with ImgBurn in Windows 10.

What else are you doing while trying to burn a disc? Take a look in Task Manager–>Processes window while using ImgBurn.

Best answer of the year ! checked it out , my “O&O” program was running wiping free disk space.now “IMGburn” is doing the bizz, thank you.