Wimbledon 2012

vbimport

Anyone watching it? Well, when it’s not being rained off, that is :bigsmile:

Yep - spending at least a couple of hours daily watching it.

The remaining Danish hope in the tournament is [I]Frederik Løchte Nielse[/I]n in the gentlemen’s double tournament. His grandfather, Kurt Nielsen, was the only Dane to have ever played a Wimbledon senior final (twice), so perhaps Frederik has some good genes.

Wow, the BBC kicks in with a bang!

And for the olympics they will provide 24 HD channels live via sat!

INCREDIBLE!!!

Watching the men’s singles ATM, Murray v Ferrer. Good match so far :iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2641548]Anyone watching it? Well, when it’s not being rained off, that is :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Only watching what our newsreaders show us * highlights * of the match .
reading about it on[B] Mail online[/B]
[B][/B]

[B] [/B]
[SIZE=2]when im capped cant get onto local South African news sites , But can get the[I] dailymail.co.uk :bigsmile:[/I][/SIZE]

Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray are through to the gentlemen’s doubles semifinal! :clap:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2641622]Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray are through to the gentlemen’s doubles semifinal! :clap:[/QUOTE]

Nice one! :bigsmile:

The Murray/Ferrer match was suspended while we had one of our usual rain showers…just started up again :smiley:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2641622]Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray are through to the gentlemen’s doubles semifinal! :clap:[/QUOTE] Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray are through to the gentlemen’s doubles final, beating the Bryan brothers in the semifinal! :bow:

Also, Roger Federer is in the gentlemen’s singles final. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2642007]Also, Roger Federer is in the gentlemen’s singles final. :)[/QUOTE]

And it’s looking like he might be playing Andy Murray.

That would be an interesting one to watch.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Fair play to Federer, first man to reach eight Wimbledon finals! :clap:

Couldn’t believe how quick that match was, though, between Federer and Djokovic :eek:

So it’s Murray v Federer in the Gentlemen’s Singles Final :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2642049]Fair play to Federer, first man to reach eight Wimbledon finals! :clap:

Couldn’t believe how quick that match was, though, between Federer and Djokovic :eek:

So it’s Murray v Federer in the Gentlemen’s Singles Final :)[/QUOTE]

Murray will have his work cut out against Federer but I feel he has the capability to beat him if he plays at his absolute best.

I hadn’t seen that guy Tsonga play before but I thought Murray stood up well against him as Tsonga has considerable skills and some very powerful volleys.

One thing’s for sure though there’ll be a record number of viewers for the final.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Yeah, before the Tsonga/Murray match, my money was on Tsonga :eek:

Mind you, Wimbledon has been full of surprises this year: Nadal and Sharapova going out earlier were a couple I didn’t see coming :eek:

TBH I think there’s a bit of a vacuum at the top end of women’s tennis ATM now that the Williams sisters no longer reign supreme. Upsets are therefore more likely as the consistency just isn’t there.

The stage is set for someone exceptional to come through but so far no one has met the standards set by the likes of the real greats such as the Williams sisters, Steffi Graff or Martina Navratilova (who was truly exceptional) in the past.

I’m still looking forward to the men’s singles final most though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2642007]Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray are through to the gentlemen’s doubles final, beating the Bryan brothers in the semifinal! :bow:[/QUOTE] Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray won the whole thing; first Wimbledon senior title won by a Dane ever… and they entered the tournament on a wildcard! :eek: :clap:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2642191]Frederik Løchte Nielsen and Johnathan Marray won the whole thing; first Wimbledon senior title won by a Dane ever… and they entered the tournament on a wildcard! :eek: :clap:[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Well done to them! :clap:

Federer vs Murray
Mens final

Murray wins first set.

Come on Andy. :slight_smile:

Federer wins the second set.

Yeah I can’t believe that one didn’t go to a tie break.

Federer is a dangerous player though and his court coverage is superb so he gets back shots no one else would get near.

It’s very close though and there’s an air of history in the making about this match.

This is very definitely the best chance Andy has ever had so let’s hope he takes it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Federer wins the third set.

Federer wins

Just to good, but a good effort from Murray.