Will we see soon a Lite-On 16x DVD+R DL burner?

vbimport

I just posted the article Will we see soon a Lite-On 16x DVD+R DL burner?.

According to a news published at DigiTimes, the DVD+RW Alliance announced that it had released the specifications for 12x and 16x DVD+R DL (single-sided double-layer) burning speeds, and Lite-On…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13224-Will-we-see-soon-a-Lite-On-16x-DVDR-DL-burner.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13224-Will-we-see-soon-a-Lite-On-16x-DVDR-DL-burner.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Having a Lite-On burner that can burn MKM 001 faster than 4x would be a good start.

w00t, that’s fast! But does anyone here use DL anyways?

Yup, at least 10-20/week over here… :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish 2.4x/4x DL disc were cheaper first :c
This message was edited at: 15-04-2007 11:04

Well, I’d prefer cheaper DL discs and wirters that burn properly before they even think about releasing 16x DL media.

Perhaps recorders will be available, but not media. :frowning:

I think the question should be ‘Will we see affordable quality DL media?’

DL media is already quite affordable. It’s unfortunate that the average consumer prefers crap media to quality though. I’d rather pay $1.50-$2.00 for a top notch disc then $0.30-$1.00 for a disc that works 50% of the time for a much shorter lifespan.

I use Memorex 2.4x DL+R and get them for $1 CDN each. Yeah, I’d have to say I’d take the price drop before the speed increase. They take about an hour for burn + verify, but since I’m not rich like Dolphinius_Rex I’d rather save some $$$. :slight_smile:

2.4x from the likes of Memorex, Fujis, etc is an unbearable speed!! WORTH the extra pennies to get the MKM001 which my LG H10N can burn at 8x…I bought 200 when it went on sale… :+

So, where is DVD+RW DL ??? Shouldn’t that be a priority before faster (and superflous) DL burning speeds ?

So, where is DVD+RW DL ??? Shouldn’t that be a priority before faster (and superflous) DL burning speeds ?