Will using HT on fake media degrade burning for original media?

vbimport

I’ve tried looking everywhere, but the information seems contradictory. I have an ASUS 24B3ST with iHAS524B AL27 firmware, and a batch of fake MCC 03RG20 (made by guangdon yuedong something) that I want to use for some duplicating. So far, the burns give varying results. I want to try out Forced HT and OHT to see if they give better results for them. But some sources claim that it will replace the strategy in the firmware and some says it will not affect the stored strategies. Please can anyone confirm which one is write? I’m concerned that writing the fake ones with HT and OHT will degrade performance when I go back to the genuine Verbatim batch. Or, if it does, will clearing OPC data will help?

The strategy created by Forced HT will take preference. The strategy in firmware will not be affected. Once FHT creates its strategy, it will store & update the FHT strategy in EEPROM, and this strategy can be cleared using the same tools used to turn FHT on/off.

To return to the default firmware strategy, simply turning off FHT may suffice; the drive should use its original strategy. Turning FHT back on without clearing the learned strategy from memory should resume use of the learned strategy.

Note that if you leave FHT on and use a genuine blank, it will affect the learned strategy, and neither the genuine nor the fake media will burn all too well.

Leaving FHT on results in a collective 4 to 6 burns being remembered in total (not per MID). In other words, it takes about 4 or 6 burn to overwrite the learned 03RG20 strategy with a strategy for another MID, so be careful to not accidentally overwrite the strategy.

[QUOTE=Albert;2693243]The strategy created by Forced HT will take preference. The strategy in firmware will not be affected. Once FHT creates its strategy, it will store & update the FHT strategy in EEPROM, and this strategy can be cleared using the same tools used to turn FHT on/off.

To return to the default firmware strategy, simply turning off FHT may suffice; the drive should use its original strategy. Turning FHT back on without clearing the learned strategy from memory should resume use of the learned strategy.

Note that if you leave FHT on and use a genuine blank, it will affect the learned strategy, and neither the genuine nor the fake media will burn all too well.

Leaving FHT on results in a collective 4 to 6 burns being remembered in total (not per MID). In other words, it takes about 4 or 6 burn to overwrite the learned 03RG20 strategy with a strategy for another MID, so be careful to not accidentally overwrite the strategy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I’ve already burned 4 discs before your reply with Forced HT and Online HT on. All of them came out as coasters. Huge PIE and PIF mountains at the start of the disc, and the rest not better than the default firmware strategy. I guess though these discs are faking the MID, they still burn better with the default strategy.

Can you tell me one more thing? Does Online HT needs Forced HT activated to work on known MIDs? I burned one disc with Online HT enabled and Forced HT disabled. It was little bit better than the last burn with default strategy, but I cannot be sure if it was Online HT at work or just the usual variation because of cheap media.

[QUOTE=Swapnil;2693246]Can you tell me one more thing? Does Online HT needs Forced HT activated to work on known MIDs? I burned one disc with Online HT enabled and Forced HT disabled. It was little bit better than the last burn with default strategy, but I cannot be sure if it was Online HT at work or just the usual variation because of cheap media.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I got the answer from a post of yours on another thread. Thank You.