Will TY / Verbatim ever sort out their printable surfaces?

Hi,
What i mean by this is Standard white inkjet TY/Verbatims always leave white around the centre/edges of the discs. No matter if you under print the centre and over print the edges. Funny enough TY printable cdr do not suffer from this problem!

Now i have found Falcon Pro and Sony Pro print perfectly everytime. So i will buying these from now on as the white marks really annoy me! Just a pity TY cdr are fine but their dvd-r print so poorly

I think Falcon/Sony print great because they use the same technique as Mediarange pro discs…

“MediaRange Professional Line media is designed to meet the high demands necessary for professional duplication.
Professional Line stands for maximum reliability at an attractive price.
The Inkjet surface has a printing range from 23 - 188 mm.
The underside of the disk is fully metalized, allowing for a continuous print image even in the interior zone.
The printable surface extends 0.5 mm past the white undercoating in order to prevent visible white edges caused by non-centered printing.”

So why can’t TY and Verbatim do the above like Falcon/Sony and even bog standard Mediarange discs!

Hmmmmm… I’ve never experienced any problems with white showing when printing
on TY inkjet printable DVD discs. I always use the settings of 22mm inner and 119mm outer
with no white on inner or outer showing afterwords. :disagree:

What printing program are you using and what brand of printer are you using to print with? I use
Epson PrintCD and an Epson RX595 printer at the moment but did use an R200, and an R220 and
never have had any kind of problems with white showing on any of the discs I printed on with any
of the printers. :confused:

Trust me white does show. You would notice it if you tried
Falcon/Sony/AquaGuard/Aquashield discs

I am not talking about a big gap left on the printable surface but the odd mm around the centre/edges. Or maybe you have been incredibly lucky and got a batch that has never left any white. However i would say i have printed 1000’s of TY dvd-r and only had 1 or 2 spindles that printed without white left

For printing on discs i have used canon ip4000/ip4300/ip4600/ip4700 …Epson R200/P50/X650

And back in 2001 i was using converted canon/epson printers which were a pain!

Software wise i have used canon’s own software and Epson’s PrintCD and both are poor imho. I prefer Nero cover designer far more Accurate. Once you design a template you tweak it with measurements of less than a mm

Now the only TY discs i have not used are dvd+r white printable, but i am guessing they would be the same as dvd-r

As i say only the TY discs that print and leave no white are the white cd-r…Well apart from the silver printables…

Bottom line it’s nothing to do with software/printer but a design flaw in most white inkjet printable discs

[QUOTE=steve9999a;2552408]
Bottom line it’s nothing to do with software/printer but a design flaw in most white inkjet printable discs[/QUOTE]

Not really. The Watershield white has a thin band of white at the outside that’s not printable. This is because they are made from white thermal discs, the printable area is applied over that leaving the small area that doesn’t absorb ink. Verbatim AquaAce is the same way.

Regular white TY +R and -R will print full face here on Canon printers.

If you are printing on AquaGuard/Aquashield discs then as CDan has said they do
leave a small area around the inner hub and outer area that does not print.

Nope I can print a solid black, dark blue, dark red, and still no white shows up I even took
a magnifying glass and looked some of my printed discs over and guess what I seen or that
should be what I didn’t see yep you guessed it no white showing anywhere nothing nada. :disagree:

“if you are printing on AquaGuard/Aquashield discs then as CDan has said they do
leave a small area around the inner hub and outer area that does not print.”

Yes of course TY Waterhshield and Verbs AquaAce leave a line around the edge
They mention this in their description. I am not talking about those discs

But Imation Aquaguard and MBI Aquashield do not leave any white period
Trust me on this they do not leave any white!

Anyway that’s not my beef, my problem is standard inkjet dvd printables from every company
have this problem…Ritek leave white/Prodisc leave white/Verbatim leave white/TY leave white.However Sony DAC/Falcon Pro and Mediarange Pro do not. That’s why mediarange make such a song and dance about their pro discs…

“The Inkjet surface has a printing range from 23 - 188 mm.
The underside of the disk is fully metalized, allowing for a continuous print image even in the interior zone.
The printable surface extends 0.5 mm past the white undercoating in order to prevent visible white edges caused by non-centered printing”

Like other members have said, I also have no problems with any make of printable CD-R or DVD-R/+R/+R DL (TDK,Ritek,CMC,TY and Verbatim etc).

I use an Epson R340 & R200 with Epson Print CD software and have never had any problem with white showing.

So if the discs are alright for other people, the only thing left is your printer or software setup/settings :confused:

I’m sorry i guess i must be more picky than you guys Been printing directly onto discs since 2000-01. Back when Verbatim printable discs used to have a big logo on the printable surface and of course they were not fullface back then

As i say Epson Print CD/Canon’s print cd software are average imho. However i did use
Epson Print CD from 2004-2005.Then moved to a canon ip4000 in late 2005 and discovered nero cover designer was the best. But of course i have tried Epson Print CD since then. But imho it really is down to the discs and not the software/printer setup

I hate to see the less then a mm of white showing,either at the edge(top or bottom) or the left/right of the middle etc

A guy saying oh i just use 22mm 119mm setup in PrintCD and never any white doesn’t even make sense. I remember you always had to offset your printer as well as every printer is not the same. I can remember going thru lots of ip4300 printers and each new printer was slightly off in the printing by the odd mm so i would have to tweak the cd template.

And then the dvd/cd spindles can vary from batch to batch and again you would have to change the template by the odd mm. So you cannot really say oh 22mm 119mm in printcd and it prints prefect everytime

I’ll say again if you under and over print TY/Verb/Ritek etc discs and wipe the excess ink away with a cotton bud/tissue you will still be left with the odd mm of white.

And on top of all that you gets discs were the outter edges of the discs and not perfectly uniform(verbs tend to be the worse for this) Were the outter edges are not a totally smooth round circle. If you know what i mean! and again this can leave tiny bits of white

And lots of times the cd tray will feed thru the odd mm to the left or right and again this lead to an off centre print and you will be left with the odd mm of white

But Falcon/Sony DAC and Mediarange pro have the “The underside of the disk is fully metalized, allowing for a continuous print image even in the interior zone.
The printable surface extends 0.5 mm past the white undercoating in order to prevent visible white edges caused by non-centered printing.”

Which cures this problem. Imation Aquaguard and MBI Aquashield don’t have the above syatem but you can under print and over print them by the odd mm and thus they will not leave any white

I have never had to adjust anything on any of my printers and the only time I have to make
an adjustment is when changing to discs with either larger or smaller inner diameter holes.

I’m not trying to sound like a smart ass here but…
Well then why don’t you just use your Falcon/Sony DAC and Mediarange pro if you get perfect results with them
sorry but this is beginning to sound like an advertisement for them since you say it in just about all of your posts.