Will there ever be user friendly software to backup Blu-Rays?

The only software I find to be straightforward for making Blu-Ray movie backups is Nero will there be any more userfriendly programs in the not too distant future for making Blu-Ray movie backups because there arent much out there.

Nero?

Did you forget the AACS?

Unless you already have the Blu-ray movie ripped to your harddrive, yes Nero can burn your backup, if that’s what you mean. ImgBurn will also support UDF2.50 and 2.60 in the near future (the beta version is already supported this feature).

I’ve used Nero 8, with the HD plugin (copy Blu-ray movie option) along with AnyDVD HD to backup SL Blu-ray movies.
Very easy for SL movies.

I have ripped a 21gb movie with anydvdhd but I dont know how to burn it to a disc with Nero 8. Can anyone help?

You will need Blu-ray and HD DVD plugins. http://www.nero.com/eng/bluray-hddvd-video-plugin.html

• Once the plugin is activated, create a new compilation with file system UDF 2.50 (No Multisession).

• Then from the right hand side window, find BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders, with your mouse drag them to the left window compilation.

• Pull down menu Recorder > Choose Recorder and find your Blu-ray burner in the list.

• Burn!

Thanks zevia just made my first sucessfull Blu-Ray movie backup.
Cheers

[quote=Bunny;1989904]I’ve used Nero 8, with the HD plugin (copy Blu-ray movie option) along with AnyDVD HD to backup SL Blu-ray movies.
Very easy for SL movies.[/quote]Nice, I missed that option since I use to drag and drop using Explorer or use AnyDVD ripper.

Does it play on your standalone?

It plays on my PS3 and PC

When ripping the image to harddrive with AnyDVD it actually creates another folder SLY! in addition to BDMV and CERTIFICATE.
When trying to burn the image to an actual disc, does it make a difference if I copy as well the SLY! folder (I’ve just tried that and the disc plays fine on the PC but doesn’t play on my PS3).

Many thanks

If you use Imgburn just drag the BDMV folder in Build mode. Imgburn will automatically create the CERTIFICATE folder. (You can also drag CERTIFICATE folder if you want). You don’t need to copy any other folder!

Thank you I will try that !