Will the problems never end-AGP failure

vbimport

Once again i have another problem. Woke up this morning and turned on PC to find that my screen went fuzzy with diagonal lines across it. Thinking it can’t be GFX card as just bought new one and working perfectly fine up til last night. Anyway, i tried my old graphics card in the same slot but still got the same problem. Tried using the intergrated graphics and works perfectly fine so there’s obviously a problem with my AGP port and don’t know how to correct it. Any thoughts please

[QUOTE=dazzab80;2006079]Once again i have another problem. Woke up this morning and turned on PC to find that my screen went fuzzy with diagonal lines across it. Thinking it can’t be GFX card as just bought new one and working perfectly fine up til last night. Anyway, i tried my old graphics card in the same slot but still got the same problem. Tried using the intergrated graphics and works perfectly fine so there’s obviously a problem with my AGP port and don’t know how to correct it. Any thoughts please[/QUOTE]

Whom is your motherboard maker? Have you tried those AGP cards in another system to see if they worked? And did you download the correct AGP drivers? Also did you make sure you disabled the onboard video in the BIOS?? Is you motherboard still under warranty? Have you contact your motherboard manufacture as to the nature of your problem? But I would check to make sure you BIOS is updated and that your onboard video is truly disabled and that your AGP is set to either 4x or 8x. But also what kinda AGP cards are you using???

Gigabyte GA 81865GME-775-RH rev 2.0. Not able to try them in another computer but my GeForce 6600 LE is only a week old and bought from new. Got the driver CD for 6600 LE so should be recent even though checked on Nvidia site anyway. Not sure how to disable video in BIOS but know it was saying disabled when looked in results from Everest check. BIOS is completely up-to-date as downloaded latest during the week. AGP was set to 8x. The other card i have is an Geforce fx5200

[QUOTE=dazzab80;2006099]Gigabyte GA 81865GME-775-RH rev 2.0. Not able to try them in another computer but my GeForce 6600 LE is only a week old and bought from new. Got the driver CD for 6600 LE so should be recent even though checked on Nvidia site anyway. Not sure how to disable video in BIOS but know it was saying disabled when looked in results from Everest check. BIOS is completely up-to-date as downloaded latest during the week. AGP was set to 8x. The other card i have is an Geforce fx5200[/QUOTE]

I would still on bootup go to the BIOS to make sure it is though.?? What nvidia driver software version are you using?? Usually the CD drivers are something I never used cause they contains so much bloated software on them. I would uninstall it and just get a clean version from Nvidia instead and see what happens after that. You should’ve gotten a manual book or on CD and look up there and print out if on CD the settings for BIOS where you can find the setting for disable onboard sound and video chipset. Have you contact the Video card maker to relay your concerns about the problems of the card???

Right well i’v just visited the BIOS and changed the Init Display First setting from PCI to Onboard/VGA. Put my card back in and is working. Was slightly concerned that still got the flickering when booted into windows but then came up clear. I used the latest driver from their site anyway: Ver 6.14.11.6921

Looks like i spoke too soon. Had to reboot the system after new software installation and it’s gone tits up again. Truly frustrated now

[QUOTE=dazzab80;2006114]Right well i’v just visited the BIOS and changed the Init Display First setting from PCI to Onboard/VGA. Put my card back in and is working. Was slightly concerned that still got the flickering when booted into windows but then came up clear. I used the latest driver from their site anyway: Ver 6.14.11.6921[/QUOTE]

No. What I was saying was to disable the onboard/vga chipset. So that your computer will switch to the AGP video card…I think you might have to unistall and remove the drivers for the onboard/VGA so that your card would work. But have you contact Gigabyte about your problem?