Will not recognize blank media

ok after 9 pages of post’s i still dont have an answer so.after woring fine for a long time my dvd cd/ dvd writer no longer recognizes blank media.i have tried a few brands same result some of which previously worked.the drive plays any type of dvd whether burned or factory and plays audio disc of either format.i have dial up internet and would like to avoid downloading any software.i have windows media player and nero on a windows xp home OS. any sugestions or ideas would be appreciated

It is quite possible that burning part of the drive is no longer working. Get a new one they are not that expensive any more.

[QUOTE=Dravious;2206861]ok after 9 pages of post’s i still dont have an answer so.after woring fine for a long time my dvd cd/ dvd writer no longer recognizes blank media.i have tried a few brands same result some of which previously worked.the drive plays any type of dvd whether burned or factory and plays audio disc of either format.i have dial up internet and would like to avoid downloading any software.i have windows media player and nero on a windows xp home OS. any sugestions or ideas would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/lite-dvd-rw-sohw-1633s-problem-263692/#post2206421

Is this posting the same lite on unit your referring too? It would be good to keep all the posting in the same thread to make responding less confusing for reader and MODs. First how old is your unit and have you clean the laser lens recently? What is the FW on your drive compared to the manufacture site??