Will not play in bdp-s350 after upgrade

vbimport

After I upgraded to 5.2.2.2 the back-ups I make will not play on my bdp-s350 but will play in any other dvd player. I did not have this problem before any help would be appreciated. Could it be that I just got some new dvd-r? I got the same brand that was working before.

[QUOTE=mzrpm;2189485]After I upgraded to 5.2.2.2 the back-ups I make will not play on my bdp-s350 but will play in any other dvd player. I did not have this problem before any help would be appreciated. Could it be that I just got some new dvd-r? I got the same brand that was working before.[/QUOTE]

Just one quick question, if you don’t mind…

This ‘other’ DVD player that will play the DVDs your Sony BR writes, is it also a BR drive? Or a Std Drive?

Please advise.

O’C

:slight_smile:

I have made many back ups of dvd that played just fine on my blu ray player, then after the update to 5.2.2.2 my blu ray player will not play the burned dvd but my other standard dvd player will play them just fine. I have been using TDK DVD-R without any problems till I updated DVDFab. I don’t see anything that would have changed from 5.2.2.0 to .2 that would have created my problem, I will have a friend burn me some backup with his version 5.2.2.0 before he upgrades and see if it might be my player.

[QUOTE=mzrpm;2190453]I have made many back ups of dvd that played just fine on my blu ray player, then after the update to 5.2.2.2 my blu ray player will not play the burned dvd but my other standard dvd player will play them just fine. I have been using TDK DVD-R without any problems till I updated DVDFab. I don’t see anything that would have changed from 5.2.2.0 to .2 that would have created my problem, I will have a friend burn me some backup with his version 5.2.2.0 before he upgrades and see if it might be my player.[/QUOTE]

The Fact that you are able to play the BDP-S350 burned disk in another player pretty well removed the media from consideration as a potential problem. Your confirmation that it is TDK media re-affirms that.

I actually asked you the wrong question… what I should have asked was whether the player that will play the DVD is Sony or another Mfr., but even that may not be the cause (at least not the full cause)…

If the upgrade of DVDFab that you are using is the ‘standard’ package, ie you are using the VSO burn engine, and not another, I am strongly tempted to think that the VSO engine, which is proving problematic to other users as well, may be at the root of the problem.

… I tend to ramble too much… let’s see if I can sum this up succinctly…

During playback, faulty data from a buggy burning program can cause errors of mild severity, that might be enough to cause your Sony BR drive to balk at playing a disk, whereas another player might just gloss over the errors and play the DVD anyways.

This isn’t a definitive answer, but it’s all we can do without extensive testing equipment and software to give you a better answer. I don’t believe that Fab is the problem, though, just the burning software. The next update to Fab may feature yet another ‘updated’ burning engine that fixes some of these recent problems.

Checking an earlier version of Fab to compare the results will only verify that the earlier version can do the burn, and not really point to an answer for this version.

O’C

[quote=O’Canada;2190537]The Fact that you are able to play the BDP-S350 burned disk in another player pretty well removed the media from consideration as a potential problem. Your confirmation that it is TDK media re-affirms that.

I actually asked you the wrong question… what I should have asked was whether the player that will play the DVD is Sony or another Mfr., but even that may not be the cause (at least not the full cause)…

If the upgrade of DVDFab that you are using is the ‘standard’ package, ie you are using the VSO burn engine, and not another, I am strongly tempted to think that the VSO engine, which is proving problematic to other users as well, may be at the root of the problem.

… I tend to ramble too much… let’s see if I can sum this up succinctly…

During playback, faulty data from a buggy burning program can cause errors of mild severity, that might be enough to cause your Sony BR drive to balk at playing a disk, whereas another player might just gloss over the errors and play the DVD anyways.

This isn’t a definitive answer, but it’s all we can do without extensive testing equipment and software to give you a better answer. I don’t believe that Fab is the problem, though, just the burning software. The next update to Fab may feature yet another ‘updated’ burning engine that fixes some of these recent problems.

Checking an earlier version of Fab to compare the results will only verify that the earlier version can do the burn, and not really point to an answer for this version.

O’C

:)[/quote]
Point of Clarification the Sony BDP-S350 is not a recorder but rather a stand alone Blu-ray player. The OP is not able to play a backup that DVDFab produces on a BDP-S350 but other DVD players play the same disc without error.

[QUOTE=DVDKingdom;2190679]Point of Clarification the Sony BDP-S350 is not a recorder but rather a stand alone Blu-ray player. The OP is not able to play a backup that DVDFab produces on a BDP-S350 but other DVD players play the same disc without error. It could be the type of disc used is not understood by the player.

DVD playback specs from page 58 of the maual.

DVD+RWs/DVD+Rs in +VR mode or DVD-RWs/DVD-Rs in video and VR mode, including 8 cm discs (single layer) and DVD+R DL/ DVD-R DL discs.[/QUOTE]

Point Taken - My error.

Still doesn’t change the fact that some DVD players seem to have less difficulty playing DVDs that have slight variations from full DVD compliancy than others.

He also notes that he is still using TDK -R single layer discs, which are now suddenly a problem, due to the change in version of DVDFab. Notes that earlier versions of Fab were played fine by the same player and disc format.

It’s easy to keep blaming the burning software - which may be the case here, too - but that can become too pat an answer to satisfy people who keep reading it.

Be that as it may, there is a new update of Fab expected shortly, and if the burning problems have been addressed, some of these problems will fade away.

O’C

mzrpm download and install ImgBurn it is freeware and then change the default burn engine in dvdfab to use that instead of the VSO burn engine as this could be your problem.

yeah i have a similar problem. i upgraded to ver 10 as soon as i got my bdp-s350 so i don’t have an idea how it worked before.

i burn my home video using pinnacle studio 11 & nero. i’ll have to look at the brand and only know they are single layer dvd-r disks.

my older sony SD players play them fine, my pc plays them also so I’m not sure what the deal is.

i checked my disk and hey are LG (lucky goldstar)