Will new burner stop seek errors

vbimport

My old DVD burner from 4 years ago produces nothing but seek errors and no disks will pass verification. Disks are all Verbs. Will a new DL 20x burner form Sammy or Pioneer produce burns that work?

Have you ruled out the burning software? What software gives you seek errors and what software gives you verification errors? Could you be getting bogus errors and your discs are actually good?

If the discs are video I’d try to watch them. If they are data I’d try to copy the files from them.

RM

That’s enough! I’ve tried different software and it’s always the same. Is it the burner or isn’t it?

No way for us to tell given the amount of information you have offered. Try the drive in another computer if you have access to one and are comfortable in setting up optical drives.

Otherwise, a new burner is really not very expensive. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106335

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118040

Those are both SATA interface drives. If your current drive is an IDE interface drive, you might want to check to see if DMA is enabled. Follow the guide in my signature.

You can also go to the Microsoft support page for optical drives (link in signature) and use their Fix It tool to see if they can spot any problems.

The controllers in device manager are all set to DMA. The latest firmware update was a few years ago and there is nothing more recent. The drive is an NEC.

[QUOTE=NC1111;2552207]That’s enough! I’ve tried different software and it’s always the same. Is it the burner or isn’t it?[/QUOTE]

“That’s enough”…you so funny!..:rolleyes:
Get a new one, and be done with it already!..
nuff said!..:stuck_out_tongue:

Very punny, very punny. And I believe in the golden rule: he who has the gold rules!

[QUOTE=NC1111;2552413]Very punny, very punny. And I believe in the golden rule: he who has the gold rules![/QUOTE]

You came here asking for [B]FREE help[/B].

So, don’t start arguing, even more in a sarcastic behave, about the answers you got…