Will my Lite-Ons fail?

vbimport

After reading the Lite-On reliability… posts. I am worried that my drive will fail. I have a LTD-166S and a LTR40125S o/c to 48125W.
I burned most of my discs at 32X. I am using cheap OEM gold coloured discs. I have no burned discs for three weeks but I used it occasionaly for reading.

Will the CD-RW drive fail if no used to burn for a long time ? My Lite-On has just passed the warranty period ( 1 year ).

Cant think of any reason why it should fail, think of drives when they are in the box, they don’t break by not being used do they? :slight_smile:

yes, both of ur drives are going to burst into flames at any moment now.

/me looks at his sig, and runs away from his computer screaming.

do not worry,if humidity in your place is not high,and you do not pour water on it you are fine.
in any case it is 50 bucks,so why worry.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by AZImmortal
yes, both of ur drives are going to burst into flames at any moment now.

lol :bigsmile:

words of wisdom:

now, pay attention;

all drives fail

Originally posted by rdgrimes
all drives fail
… at some point

Originally posted by liteonmania
Will the CD-RW drive fail if no used to burn for a long time ?

My LTR40125S gets used in bursts, I’ll do nothing with it for months, then I’ll burn a bunch of CD-R[W]s and then nothing. So far I’ve had mine for about 2 years with no problems.

Originally posted by liteonmania
LTR40125S o/c to 48125W. I burned most of my discs at 32X.

Just curious, if you do your burning at 32x and are worried about reliability - why overclock it…? O/Cing a drive is one way to potentially reduce it’s lifespan

I overclock it because I want to check whether my drive can be overclocked or not. I have trried burning at 48X and successful.