wILL liteon 52x32x52 copy securom , safedisc

vbimport

WIll the Liteon 52x32x52 read /write the latest securom and safedisc without using autoplay? thankx

safedisc yes.
Securom new 4.8x can be run without autoplay, but only on some drives because the twinpeaks method is used to burn it. For me it works in the drive itself and most other drives I’ve tried it with. Some toshiba drives have trouble with it and so do some other drives.

twinpeaks method is used to burn it
Not quite, the algorythym used to make a BWA files is a bit more complicated than what twin peaks uses and a whole lot more accurate. There are few drives out there that have problems, and something else to consider, you may need a disk burned without the BWA for install purposes and the one with to use to play with. This is of course is hardware dependant.

Originally posted by kamikazee
Not quite, the algorythym used to make a BWA files is a bit more complicated than what twin peaks uses and a whole lot more accurate. There are few drives out there that have problems, and something else to consider, you may need a disk burned without the BWA for install purposes and the one with to use to play with. This is of course is hardware dependant.

Talk about misunderstanding!

Twinpeak doesn’t make BWA files, it uses them to produce a patched image ready to burn, that then includes a reasonable copy of the Securom signature. Your attempt to promote BW as the best thing since sliced bread, yet again falls flat on its face.

If your read Tezmar’s reply properly he was referring to copies made without the use of your ‘autoplay’ pet.

As Tezmar said, Toshiba drives do have problems with twinpeak patched CDs, and there are LOTS or at least were lots of these about before Lite-On DVD-Rom drives got popular because of their superior fast skip ability with Safedisc.

Lazer.

OK but if I use the newest bw (4.5) with my 52x litey will it copy securom? Or is 4.25 the only one that will do securom (other than the plextor premium)

As nobody else answered I’ll try and help.

I have a Lite-On 40125W, and using the BWA builder from a later version of BW suite and Twinpeak, I could get Securom 4.x back-ups that would play from the Lite-On fine i.e. without using ‘autoplay’.

So, there doesn’t seem to be any reason why the 52x Lite-On wouldn’t be able to do the same.

Also the debate about whether the BWA builder in 4.2.5 is better than later versions especially in the very latest (4.5.7) is hard to answer.

There is no information on the VSO site, biased individuals talk a lot of unsubstantiated nonsense, and other threads suggest 4.2.5 is best and others have no problem with later versions.

Another thing to bear in mind with Plextor premium; there was talk that only CD-Rs work properly using that method, not CD-RWs, and that that was going to be sorted at a later date.

Whether it has been sorted or not, I don’t know, The VSO site doesn’t contain any useful info about that.

HTH?

Lazer.

Originally posted by Lazer
[B]Talk about misunderstanding!

Twinpeak doesn’t make BWA files, it uses them to produce a patched image ready to burn, that then includes a reasonable copy of the Securom signature. Your attempt to promote BW as the best thing since sliced bread, yet again falls flat on its face.

If your read Tezmar’s reply properly he was referring to copies made without the use of your ‘autoplay’ pet.

As Tezmar said, Toshiba drives do have problems with twinpeak patched CDs, and there are LOTS or at least were lots of these about before Lite-On DVD-Rom drives got popular because of their superior fast skip ability with Safedisc.

Lazer. [/B]
No one in this thread said Twinpeak makes BWA files.

>that then includes a reasonable copy of the Securom signature

does it?!

kamikazee didn’t mention autoplay in his post

>biased individuals talk a lot of unsubstantiated nonsense

if you assert you should prove it; I know what you’re saying but many others might not.

Be nice

Hi Futureproof,

Kamikazee said:

“Not quite, the algorythym used to make a BWA files is a bit more complicated than what twin peaks uses and a whole lot more accurate.”

To my mind, he’s implying in that statement that Twinpeak also uses an algorithm to make BWA files, surely? It also implies that he knows what this algorithm is, and how this algorithm works, and that it’s a lot more accurate. As I said, unsubstantiated nonsense (especially as the whole statement is meaningless anyway), but I can post a link to yet more of the same re: ‘improved’ BWA builder in later versions if you like?

I was using ‘signature’ as an analogy, not literally. I know that it’s more accurate to describe the ‘signature’ that Twinpeak adds as timing variations and/or density variations at various points in the image to fool the reader into thinking certain sectors are longer than they actually are?

The ‘stand-alone autoplay installer’ sticky post above, highlights what kamikazee appeared to be getting at, even though he didn’t explicitly mention it. I was just re-inforcing what Tezmar and IamTheBathroom were saying about obtaining a back-up without ‘autoplay’.

I’m always nice, especially to moderators! :wink:

Lazer.

Well, what it boils down to for me is if I should keep my litey 32x or replace it with the 52 x? I had the impression that the 52 x could do a one copy of securom as opposed to my 32x where I ned one to install and one to play.

I suppose from what I ve read thought with the bw 5 is that it probably won’t mke any difference whether I have a32x or 52 x with regards to the securom 2.8+

I give up, you guys are evidently like the attack dogs turned loose. you never make a mistake or get thoughts jumbled ok your perfect i’m not nor do I try or pretend to be. I ask questions of the blindwrite developers nothing wrong with that, on more than one occcasion they have said twinpeaks and the BWA’s are different and it’s because of the algorythym, I am not a progammer and I thought I made that clear to Lazer apperently he doesn’t listen. this is the blindwrite section? where blindwrite is discussed? I guess not.

I missed some of the question, and BWA and TwinPeaks although started at the same place have evolved and are no longer the same thing, quit trying to make people believe they are.

When there is a technical question asked I try to get an answer that makes sense, sometimes things are lost in the translation, but not much.

[B]I give up, you guys are evidently like the attack dogs turned loose. you never make a mistake or get thoughts jumbled ok your perfect i’m not nor do I try or pretend to be. I ask questions of the blindwrite developers nothing wrong with that, on more than one occcasion they have said twinpeaks and the BWA’s are different and it’s because of the algorythym, I am not a progammer and I thought I made that clear to Lazer apperently he doesn’t listen. this is the blindwrite section? where blindwrite is discussed? I guess not.

I missed some of the question, and BWA and TwinPeaks although started at the same place have evolved and are no longer the same thing, quit trying to make people believe they are.

When there is a technical question asked I try to get an answer that makes sense, sometimes things are lost in the translation, but not much. [/B]

You said it; you’re not a programmer and you obviously have no understanding of the BWA algorithm, and are therefore not qualified to judge whether it’s any better or worse than any other BWA producing algorithm, which Twinpeak is not btw.

As I said, unsubstantiated nonsense.

Trying to fool other people is one thing, but when you start to believe your own BS you have a serious problem.

If you want to quote what other people have passed on to you then qualify your outpourings accordingly, and don’t pass them off as your own work.

Lazer.

You said it; you’re not a programmer and you obviously have no understanding of the BWA algorithm, and are therefore not qualified to judge whether it’s any better or worse than any other BWA producing algorithm,

Sure I am just as the folks with alcohol can say there DPM is better and more accurate than both with out proof other than “try it yourself and see”, I have and in my opinion the BWA is much better for my purposes.
You have been trying to figure out the way VSO gets both the BWA and Auto-play to work the way it does and no one (I can’t) has taken the time to explain it to you and won’t thats what your problem is. Your Instant messages make for some very interesting reading at least the one’s I have do.
I have never tried to pass anything off as my own work you are slanderous. You don’t like blindwrite thats fine don’t use it, just because no one will tell you byte for byte how it works is no excuse for your actions.

kamikazee didn’t mention autoplay in his post
thats because I made an honest mistake and missed it sorry.

Sure I am just as the folks with alcohol can say there DPM is better and more accurate than both with out proof other than “try it yourself and see”, I have and in my opinion the BWA is much better for my purposes.
I have never tried to pass anything off as my own work you are slanderous. You don’t like blindwrite thats fine don’t use it, just because no one will tell you byte for byte how it works is no excuse for your actions.

In your opinion, BWA is much better for your purposes. Hooray. Finally we’re getting somewhere. That’s a lot different from the original ‘BWA is a better algorithm than Twinpeak nonsense’!

I use BWA builder when I need it. It’s useful when I want to produce an un-emulated Securom 4.x back-up which is the (part)topic of this thread.

So what makes you think I don’t like Blindwrite and which BWA builder is a part of, and why do you care anyway?

In other threads I’ve asked (unsuccessfully) how to completely remove Patin Couffin from the system, because the v12, and v13 layers screwed my Win98SE system. The v14 layer doesn’t, but I wanted the knowledge of how to remove it if I ever needed to. Similarly for removing the autoplay filter (which still remains unanswered). I want it on and off the system when I want it, not at the whim of the ‘uninstaller’ which doesn’t work properly (on Win98SE) anyway.

I don’t like Patin-Couffin v12 and v13, I never said I didn’t like BlindWrite.

Lazer.

You have been trying to figure out the way VSO gets both the BWA and Auto-play to work the way it does and no one (I can’t) has taken the time to explain it to you and won’t thats what your problem is.

See the above.

1+1 doesn’t make 3

Lazer.

This thread is really geting offtopic !!!

Does anyone know if the Liteon 52x32 is able to copy SD 2.9 without the need of autoplay, EWS or any other help ?

Thanx

From my experience, some do and some don’t - dunno why. Have you looked thru the LITEON forum?