Will Lite-On iHAS 124 Y do bitsetting?

vbimport

Is it possible to flash the iHAS 124 Y so that it will do bitsetting? I bought this drive because I thought that all Lite-On drives can be made to do bitsetting, but now I don’t know. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

pilgrim

The Y-series is based on the NEC chipset and there is bitsetting support for DVD+R9 discs by default, but not for +R or +RW.

But once I figure out why Binflash doesn’t work on these drives and manage to fix this, there should also be patched firmwares that allow bitsetting on +R/+RW

[QUOTE=Liggy;2470233]But once I figure out why Binflash doesn’t work on these drives and manage to fix this, there should also be patched firmwares that allow bitsetting on +R/+RW[/QUOTE]
Liggy,
I’m very glad to know that you are working on a version of Binflash that will work on Lite-On124 Y. How are you coming along on it?

pilgrim

[QUOTE=pilgrim7993;2473008]Liggy,
I’m very glad to know that you are working on a version of Binflash that will work on Lite-On124 Y. How are you coming along on it?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately not as fast as I’d like to. But I hope I’m getting closer to the point where I find out what’s wrong. I had two occurances of code in a Binflash testversion that is supposed to do the same work. At one location I can dump firmwares, at another I can’t :frowning:
Unfortunately the working code is not the one in the dump routine and due to some differences I cannot simply copy it. But I’ve not ran out of ideas what I could do next. But being able to run it on my own PC with a debugger would for sure make things easier. :doh:

Any new information on the flashing yet.

In theory everything is ready now. But I still need to do some packaging of firmware files and adding them to a db so everything is shown on our site.

So about how much longer

Depends on how much time my wife will give me tomorrow. :wink:
We have some housework and shopping to do.

But most of the firmware work is done and I should be able to finish everything within one or two hours of work plus the time to upload 185MB in 240 files to the servers

[QUOTE=Liggy;2476028]Depends on how much time my wife will give me tomorrow. :wink:
We have some housework and shopping to do.

But most of the firmware work is done and I should be able to finish everything within one or two hours of work plus the time to upload 185MB in 240 files to the servers[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your going to have a fun day tomorrow

Well. I wanted to drill some holes in my concrete wall but the drill bit gave up on me. When I wanted to remove it, I noticed that the chuck couldn’t be moved anymore. Time for a new pneumatic hammer drill which should arrive on Saturday.

Currently I’m uploading the files to the servers but I also have to make some database entries and modify PHP scripts before everything can go live. Should be finished within a few hours

Liggy,

Thank you.

pilgrim