Will ImTOO rip DVDs to AVI files with AC3 5.1 surround sound?

At the moment, I am still just testing the ImTOO DVD Ripper Platinum v4.0 that I download from the ImTOO site, but I haven’t even been able to get started, since I cannot find the options for which I wish to use the program.

In particular, DVDs use AC3 5.1 surround sound and (unlike a user in another post here) I wish to KEEP that sound, not downgrade it to 2-channel stereo, when I rip the DVDs’ contents to AVI files.

Unfortunately, it appears the DivX and XVid options of ImTOO only allow for mono or stereo sound under MP3 or MP2. The other AVI option that is not intended for something like a Blackberry, DOES allow for AC3 but, again, only has mono or stereo.

From other sources, I HAVE seen DVD rips, using XVid, that contain AC3 5.1 surround sound, and they play - WITH the proper sound - perfectly on my DivX-compatible DVD player. Thus, I KNOW it can be done, but I don’t know HOW those were done.

Obviously, SOMEone has software that can generate DivX/XVid AVI files with AC3 5.1 surround sound, but will ImTOO do it, or not? If not, what software will?

Thanks!

P.S.: Have tried selecting the AC3 audio stream and forcing the codec with “copy,” but that quit, after creating a zero-length file, saying it had completed successfully.

Just rip/convert the .vob to .ac3 (AC3 5.1), then rip/convert the .vob to an avi file.
You can use something like vob sub to mux it.

I know this is an old topic but it keeps showing up on google.