Will Free DVD Help with DVDFab Decrypter

I went to download DVDFab Decrypter 2.9.8.0 for the first time and noticed Free DVD download also. I see the difference between the two, but I want to know if it will hurt (or is possible) to use both at the same time. As far as I can tell one would only need DVDFab Decrypter unless they don’t plan on burning any time soon. Does this sound correct?

I’ve never heard of Free DVD (sure this is freeware and not just a gimmicky free download of something).

Anyway, DVDFabdecrypter “Is” freeware. It’s reliable, consistent and fully supported by the developer - Fengtao.

It’s fine to have more than one decrypter in your toolbox, but running multiple apps simultaneously, is just begging for conflict(s).

Not sure where you’re going with…
"…As far as I can tell one would only need DVDFab Decrypter unless they don’t plan on burning any time soon. Does this sound correct?.."

Personally, I own both SlySoft and Fengtao products and have huge respect for both…but IMO, no one product is perfect everytime.

I just dowloaded the trial of Platinum and the Free Fab Decrypter. Yes you can download and install them both. The free Fab Decrypter is nice and very easy to use. It even has a set bookmark to DVD-Rom feature. I like it. :iagree:

Just thinking that if you have a software that decrypts and burns right after, you might want another software that decrypts only so you can choose when to burn.

Here’s what I saw about Free DVD and I quote:

“Free DVD removes several protections from a DVD folder on the hard disk. It removes region code (RC), region code enhancement (RCE), analog copy protection, and user operation prohibitions (UOPs). You can use it to get a free DVD before you burn the DVD folder. It’s only 44K.”

As far as running more than one app to do the same or similar job you hit the nail on the head.

I’ve also looked at the SlySoft products, but don’t want to jump into anything to quick.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the information. Sounds good. :clap:

I’m not sure what benefit this would give you. Fengtao is the developer for both…and they have the same core decryptor code. Now, having another decryptor such as AnyDVD, would definitely add to your toolbox.

A word of caution, the bitstting function within the fab apps isn’t very reliable…for eg., better to do it with say QSuite, for a Benq, etc.

@ 427invader,

“…Just thinking that if you have a software that decrypts and burns right after, you might want another software that decrypts only so you can choose when to burn…”

You don’t “have to” burn right away. Whatever you rip to your hdd, you can choose to save or not. For eg., I have 3 hdds, a 160gb hdd reserved just for movies. Sometimes, I have 3 or so bkups of the same movie that I’m experimenting with the layer break or such. I can choose to burn or not whenever…

Thanks to all! I think I’ve got my ducks in a line. You’ve all been a great help!

I wanted to take both of em out for a test drive to see if i wanted to actually spend $59.00 for the Platinum or stay with the free version. The free version does what i need it to do so $59.00 saved. Time to hit newegg and pickup another burner. eh! :bigsmile: :iagree:

Cool :cool: A new toy for a new toy! I like, I like! :iagree: :clap:

Yo-

I use both AnyDVD and DVDfab Express together and get 100% decrypting and fast (10 to 30 minute) rips-n-burns with outstanding results using my Richo 4x +R R01’s and my Taiyo Yuden 8x +R T02’s on my LitOn 160P6s and my LG 4167B-eh!

Mike