Will CloneDVD2/AnyDVD allow for archival of HD/Blu Ray Disc?

I was wondering if this great product will be functional as the format changes to these more high def specs media? It has been a great tool for the current dvd standard. Any feedback would be great. Cheers

MrFan

No. At this point in time, Hi def DVD’s are mostly hype with no proof that the whole thing will even fly. Consumers are pissed at the whole “betamax war” thing all over again and consumer support may be very slim for years or another more realistic standard may evolve over the next ten years.

Use the cdf “Search” feature for keywords HD, Blu Ray or combinations of both. You will find your feedback.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Whisperer

Really…yikes!!! :frowning: What oh what are we to do in the future :rolleyes:

my guess? probably not use blu-ray discs.

at least not for a really long time.

there’s not going to be a market for this until prices hit a consumer acceptable level as far as both the players and the discs go. nevermind getting a hold of a blu-ray writer! we’re talking BIG bucks right off the bat.

it’s very possible that this is just a trend that will fall off before prices become acceptable.

i mean how long has dvd been around and blank DL discs are STILL $2 EACH! we’re going to be talking about $10-$15 for blank blu-rays? no thanks, I’ll just buy the copy on dvd…

it’s just going to be one of those wait and see things.

personally, i won’t be investing in any blu-ray equipment any time soon (and not only because i’m a poor college kid!!)

You sound like the world is falling apart! Don’t fall for the hype! NEVER buy leading edge technology. They get all your money and then their plane crashes when a more sensible and cheaper standard comes along to dominate the high def market. DVD’s will be produced for at least another decade. A DVD played on a player set to “Progressive Scan” mode and connected to an HDTV via the component (red, green, blue) cables produces excellent resolution quality … NOW! And you can afford it now. The purpose of marketing and promotion is to separate you from your money with no regard for your long term well being. Don’t be a sucker!

@ mrfantastic
It’s early to talk about clonedvd and bluray/hd dvd support, i think when the time is comin you’ll see it.

James and (I think also) Olli already said there can be no traditional backup software approach to protecting your investment. The backup solution will be more along the line of a hardware mod chip or some such. Also you will need to overcome the proprietary, high bandwidth smart cables connecting to your HDTV which will recognize the dif between an original and a backup and restrict full HD resolution playback. Which is the whole reason for even considering upgrading.

LOL!!! Funny…I know man…just a lil jokey joke but trully this whole format war is obviously a ploy for control as many mentioned and really less about giving consumers a higher def standard. Just look at those that are involved…lol

Also great points on this possbily ‘blowing over’ as on a per consumer nod, the media/medium is priced very high to the point of true exclusion of certain buyers. Also, again just was looking for a little feedback on this as it relates to this good product we all use…read:not a sucker…lol Yes, the progressive scan option is great as you mentioned true indeed…but guess what…a regular 19.99 dvd player hooked up to a crt suits me just fine…and folks…thanks for all of the feedback…tonight’s archival …Toxic Avenger and Killer Klowns From Outter Space…lol

:clap:

thanks-

Consumers are a lot smarter now than back in the days when your choice was NO home entertaiment or gambling on buying either VHS or BetaMax!

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us! History repeats … don’t forget to REMEMBER …

or to Quote the ever intelligent GWB

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.”

Words of wisdom from a true genius.