Will CloneCD be the new king within a few weeks

Well because everybody else is making polls, I’m starting one also :stuck_out_tongue: .

Well according to the website of SlySoft there will be a new update of CloneCD within a few weeks.

What do you guys (and girls) think, will CloneCD retrieve the crown from Alcohol 120% and BlindWrite or will it die a slow death?

Well I don’t know if it will regain its crown but hopefully it will be updated soon so that it is at least a serious competitor once more.

Originally posted by philamber
Well I don’t know if it will regain its crown but hopefully it will be updated soon so that it is at least a serious competitor once more.

Well as I already posted on the SlySoft website they say (and I quote): The first update will be available during the next weeks!!

No matter what , CloneCD earned our respect because of their product in a way other products will never earn , despite their technological advancements.

Sorta like the Future Crew for the demo scene… slowly to die … long to respect.

Originally posted by philamber
I think it really depends on the skills/devotion of those updating it. Do we have a clue who’s behind SlySoft?

I think CloneCD 5 will surprise everyone :slight_smile:

As a long time former CloneCD junkie, I think if CloneCD 5 can have all the features that Alcohol 120% has (incl. all handles on images), it will definately be worth the wait. If not, well, I’ll stick with A120 a little bit longer ;).

But I ask…what is there to improve in the current CCD?? :confused:

Originally posted by FutureProof
I think CloneCD 5 will surprise everyone :slight_smile:

I hate it when you do that! :stuck_out_tongue: you always seem to know what’s about to happen :bow: :bow:

Clone cd earned my respect a long time ago when it helped me conquare one of the first ever safedisk2 games (redalert 2) since then i have always used clonecd and i was very unhappy to see it go down but now with the news of clonecds return under slysoft i dont know what to think, i certianly hope it will be as good as it used to be but i did not respect clonecd because of its name but because of the team who worked on it so the slysoft team has to earn that respect agian in order for clonecd to be the king once agian.

What will happen with regard to people who bought CloneCD just before Elby stopped developing it? It has been over a year since a version was released and as such the years free updates are now over for most people.

bump

No one know the answer to my question?

Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh
What will happen with regard to people who bought CloneCD just before Elby stopped developing it? It has been over a year since a version was released and as such the years free updates are now over for most people.

AFAIK Slysoft promised to keep supporting them.

Thnx Mr Belvedere for the reply … I hope that this is the case, but reading the slysoft site over the last few days, it is now saying that

SlySoft aquires all rights of the famous CD duplication tool CloneCD from Elaborate Bytes AG. CloneCD will only be available from SlySoft via the Internet. Pricing will be the same as before. Existing CloneCD customers will keep their right for free updates for one year after purchase. The first update will be available during the next weeks.

So in that respect all current users will have to purchase again? especially as most current users purchased over 12mths ago?

[B]Thnx Mr Belvedere for the reply … I hope that this is the case, but reading the slysoft site over the last few days, it is now saying that

So in that respect all current users will have to purchase again? especially as most current users purchased over 12mths ago? [/B]

That’s called marketing my friend. Can’t do a thing about it.

Oh wait… we can… not use/purchase the product. But that’s a big sacrifice.

True … But I havent used the product in over a year due to the fact that as soon as I purchased it, the company stopped development I have since purchased 120% and BW … Slysofts loss or my gain? Either way I will probably not buy CloneCD again, marketing or not, I still bought a product which didnt get an update in 12mths and as such feel cheated … at least 120% and BW updated often enough to make the user/subscriber feel the payment was warranted.

Well , i for one are a big supporter of free bug removals (like Microsoft does for instance). But if you want new features and have to pay for it… i don’t mind. You paid for product A with functionality B , not for product A with functionality B+C. (Example : Nero Burning Rom)

I don’t see CloneCD’s lack of StarForce 3 copy-ability as a bug , yet i have not seen any update of Alcohol that implemented new features , only bugfixes.

So to say one has better “support” than the other ? Very doubtful.

Indeed … I agree with what you say, bug removals etc, but since the last update of CloneCD protections have moved on and the only ones that have kept up with trends are 120% and BW with updates to counteract new protections and allow you to make a personal backup as well as squashing any bugs in their software. On that note I would like to commend VSO and their BW Suite as as soon as they are made aware of a problem/bug they jump right on it and fix it (thnx Lapinou/Portmac etc)

Not entirely sure where Starforce 3 comes into the argument as I didnt mention it, however no backup utils are currently are able to copy such protection? (maybe BW with plextor something or other? … Plextool?) but seeing as I dont have such equipment I cannot say.

Again I never said that one has better support over the other, rather say that 120% and BW (especially BW) have been consistant with keeping up with trends and make the subscription/purchase price seem worthwhile.

I don’t want to be drawn into an argument with regard to this, but as I see it CloneCD and its subscribers have paid good money to purchase the software. Through no fault of their own, development was ceased, and now SlySoft have taken over development. In order to appease older users surely they should allow an update to current versions (when available) for all existing known subscribers? As a positive note to that it would also encourage new subscribers, as they would see that SlySoft are trying to maintain a known userbase who are more than capable of saying if the new (updated?) product is better or worse than what was available before.

Just my two cents worth …

As an Addendum, what are Olli’s views on this?

In order to appease older users surely they should allow an update to current versions (when available) for all existing known subscribers?

I couldn’t agree more. That would be an excellent idea

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
i have not seen any update of Alcohol that implemented new features , only bugfixes.

If you look at the version history you will see that there has never been a release of Alcohol which has never had something new added. Never just a bug fix. :cool:

Originally posted by Bulk
If you look at the version history you will see that there has never been a release of Alcohol which has never had something new added. Never just a bug fix. :cool:

okay , i stand corrected :bow:

1.4.6.711 (released 2003-07-12) New Supported TAO (Track at Once) burning method now

Oh goody :slight_smile: