Will burning 20 CDs and then Lighscribing them all decrease the lifespan of my 7241s?

vbimport

My brother recently asked me to burn and then lightscribe 20 CD-Rs for his band. Will this hurt my drives lifespan in the long run?? I am worried because I JUST bought the drive last month :frowning:

More use means more wear, and you can’t get away from that.
Having said that, the drive is likely to become old fashioned long before it wears out.

Cool, thanks! :slight_smile:

My last DVD drive lasted like 5 years before it finally refused to burn anything, so I have high hopes for this drive.

The lasers in the drives are like a light bulb they only
burn for so long of a time before going out but like Dee
said your drive will more than likely be a old fashioned
drive a long time before it wears out with normal use. :iagree:

If I were you, I’d give the drive a break between burns instead of burning continuously, or overheating could become a problem.

If I have to burn a lot on the same drive, I usually give the drive a cooling off period of about 10 minutes after burning no more than 3 discs in a row.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2504041]If I were you, I’d give the drive a break between burns instead of burning continuously, or overheating could become a problem.

If I have to burn a lot on the same drive, I usually give the drive a cooling off period of about 10 minutes after burning no more than 3 discs in a row.[/QUOTE]

Listen to what DrageMester said as he has given you some great advice to live by
and to keep your drive alive by also. :iagree: