Will a plextor 121032 work correctly if I plug it into the

vbimport

Will a plextor 121032 work correctly if I plug it into the ATA100 Highpoint Raid controller on the ABIT KT7A RAID motherboard…

Or will I get best performance from the standard IDE ports?

Please help ASAP…

It will not use the full capacity of the controller and it will slow down any other device connected on the same controller (be it master or slave settings), but other than that it should be no problem at all.

Hi thanks for that quick reply…

so what would be the best setup for me

I have the following Hardware

ABIT KT7 A RAID

2x IBM 40 Gig ATA100 Hard drives Currently connected to IDE3
1x Maxtor 20 Gig UDMA66 Hard Drive currently connected to IDE4

Plextor 121032A Currently connected to IDE1 Master
nothing connected to IDE1 SLAVE

Plextor 8432A Currently connected to IDE2 MASTER
Toshiba DVD SDM1502 connected to IDE2 Slave

AMD Athlon 1.33 GHZ Cpu
512 Meg Crucial Mem

I am trying to find the best setup for using clone CD on the fly but anything I try to copy (No matter what settings in clone CD I use the buffer empties and the Burnproof fuction keeps kicking in and it’s taking ages to make the burn complete (12-20 Minutes).

But if I use other software CDRwin ect I can copy on the fly no problems 85% of the time without any errors.

Is there anything I can try to stop Clone using burnproof and just copy on the fly using a complete buffer?

And is there anything I can do to improve my current setup?

Can’t see anything wrong with this setup… (but RAID mobos are not my field of expertise, in fact, hardware isn’t really my field)

What are other processes that run while burning with CloneCD? Are you trying to copy protected cds on the fly? (which is not recommended for some CDs take longer to extract)

What speed are you using to copy on the fly?

These are all factors I can think of that might affect your performance.

“What are other processes that run while burning with CloneCD?” Nothing else

“What speed are you using to copy on the fly?” 12x

If I back up my original unprotected Win98 SE CD it still emptys the buffer and uses BurnProof to compensate…

Iv’e changed the Plex 12x and I get the same problem…

Does anyone else copy on the fly without the buffer being empty after the first 10% of the burn?

Personally, I use Nero for all regular copies and use CloneCD only in case of a protected game (if that ever happens).

Does the problem exist with other programs as well, such as Nero, DiskJuggler, CDRWin, Fireburner?

Have you installed the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers?

(just thinking out loud)

I can copy anything on the fly using CDRWin Nero ect it’s just Clone I am having problems with.

I will try just having 1 Hard Drive and the Plex 12x and tosh DVD Installed and let you all know if it makes any difference ;o)

Originally posted by Satan Uk
I can copy anything on the fly using CDRWin Nero ect it’s just Clone I am having problems with.

Hmmm, than it seems very unlikely it is your hardware setup, if another program does allow you to copy on the fly without any problems.

Perhaps CloneCD is in conflict somewhere? Or a bug in the program? Perhaps I should then move this topic to the CloneCD forum here?

You must be crazy to have 2 ide writers in 1 system if you ask me…
What’s the use?