Will a DW1655 Retail fit in a Dell 9150?

I was just wondering if anyone has put a DW1655 Retail in a Dell Dimension 9150 or similar?

The only reason I ask is because the 9150 has a front panel that covers part of the drives. Picture here.

I can’t imagine there will be a problem but I thought I had better double check. I’m just worried the button might difficult to press or look totally out of place.

BenQ DW1655 retail picture here.

I would order an OEM drive but these forums suggest their inferior. :a

OEM is certainly not inferior! Its the same friggen thing! 100%

You will have no problem adding any optical drive to a dell computer, especially that one in particular. :slight_smile:

I’ve got a BenQ DW1655 retail in a Dell 9100 No problem with fit. The 9100 and 9150 are the same machine for the most part. I have the BenQ in the top bay and an AOpen in the bottom bay.

There is a minor problem in that the eject button on the retail version sits a little low and recessed and the bar on the Dell case (separating the two bays) is too close to it. However, it does not represent any real problem is pushing the button.

I considered removing the bar, but don’t really think it’s necessary. I don’t know why Dell has to put something like that to separate two optical drives as it looks better without it.

My little experience with BenQ suggests that retail BenQs are superior to a rebadges or OEMs, especially when it comes to firmware.

SkyIslandHiker wrote:

My little experience with BenQ suggests that retail BenQs are superior to a rebadges or OEMs, especially when it comes to firmware.

RETAIL or OEM the firmwares are the same…no difference in my opinion with the BENQ drives that I own which are OEM & RETAIL…

I have yet to see any DVD drive to have problem being fit into any computer cases not just “Dell”.

Hi i have the same computer,and dvd drive, but for some reason the Benq drive will not sit properly in the computer,it is hanging down on the left hand side, it is like there is nothing for the drive to lie on straight.Also how many screws do you need to attatch it properly?

Very odd! any help would be appreciated!

do you have two screw on the side that hanging down?

two on the left for hanging, two on the right to tight it

there is no way to access the right hand side of the pc,only one side of the case detatches doesnt it?

Did you follow this instructions? http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9150/en/sm/parts.htm#wp1060028