Will 1080p lcd monitor upscale dvd's?

vbimport

have a HP w2338h 1920 X 1080p lcd monitor hooked up to my computer.
When I play standard dvd’s on my internal burner, will this monitor (or any HD computer monitor) upscale the resolution like a HDTV would?

Unfortunately, this monitor does not have a DVI input, only VGA and HDMI. My AGP vid card only has VGA and DVI, so it’s hooked up via the supplied VGA cable, which looks awesome, however, as the signal is being converted to analog then back to digital, would it be better to buy a dual channel DVI-I to hdmi cable to avoid signal conversion?

Merry Christmas

It depends what resolution your graphics card is set to display. If you’re playing the DVD in fullscreen mode and your graphics resolution is 1920x1080 then the image is upscaled to that size in order to fill the screen.

Slainte

midders

and HDMI does the job… but I see that your AGP card don’t have HDMI, so in my point of view and expierence, I doubt if it would work UPSCALING without HDMI out on the VGA! :sad:

Monitor and grapics card can do 1920x 1080, but it’s in my opinion no 1080p HD! Upscaling from VGA plug…The card has no HDMI chip to do the math.

If somebody else argue that, than please explain!

Troll?
//Danne

Scroll! :wink:

Harry

[QUOTE=HardwareHarry;2489123]and HDMI does the job… but I see that your AGP card don’t have HDMI, so in my point of view and expierence, I doubt if it would work UPSCALING without HDMI out on the VGA! :sad:

Monitor and grapics card can do 1920x 1080, but it’s in my opinion no 1080p HD! Upscaling from VGA plug…The card has no HDMI chip to do the math.

If somebody else argue that, than please explain![/QUOTE]

vga can handle 2048x1536 :wink:
a dvi to hdmi cable would probably be the best option though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189056&cm_re=dvi_to_hdmi--12-189-056--Product

[QUOTE=jwill427;2489936]vga can handle 2048x1536 :wink:
a dvi to hdmi cable would probably be the best option though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189056&cm_re=dvi_to_hdmi--12-189-056--Product[/QUOTE]

Thank you, “jwill427”, that’s what “Towelie2” seeks him self already in that direction, I didn’t know these cables exist, not too old to learn from you guys!:clap:

again thanks for solving this item!( And usefull for others)

Harry