WILDLIFE PARK has NO STARFORCE 3 protection

vbimport

Hi, I just want to say that this game has not the Starforce3 protection like often mentioned. Here are the BWA-curves. You can see …it has SECUROM. STARFORCE 3 curves are “Flat”. Protection scanners like CLONY XXL have to be improved because they show Starforce because of the .ddl on the CD-ROM:

http://www.brennmeister.com/forum/jump2post.php?post=658579

Games often use different protections in different countries. It may well be that this game uses securom 4.8x/5.x in Germany whilst using Starforce 3 elsewhere.

If Securom + Alcohol 120% needs RMPS emulation.
If Securom + CloneCD + Twinpeaks = good copy.

Originally posted by mf666
[B]Hi

You are wrong ! [/B]

Not necessarily and, in fact, unlikely. Country of release is shown in this sub-forum because games often use different protections in different countries.

If it uses securom in your country, please post details of the release (i.e. country) together with the exact securom version # used.

One other thread split and merged to here.

Hi,

the Protection Scanner CLONY is Calling it STARFORCE 3 because of the Starforce 3 .dll on the CD. Thats all.

But IT HAS the Securom Curve and not the flat STARFORCE one.

Nice trick from the game devs but it is SECU in the end. See curves in the link above. I dont have the verswion number sorry.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
If Securom + Alcohol 120% needs RMPS emulation.
If Securom + CloneCD + Twinpeaks = good copy.

If Securom - BlindWrite + Plex Premium = Excellent Copy

philamber is 100% correct!!

Games are often given different copy protections in different regions!

This is driven by the market type, what potential hardware they have etc, etc… and of course to test new protection methods - segment the market and make one section of them guinea pigs! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So it is often a valid strategy to shop around for the game online -or look for a regional version that is pretty weak - thus allowing for a backup! :smiley:

MC

Originally posted by muzchap
[B]philamber is 100% correct!!

Games are often given different copy protections in different regions!

This is driven by the market type, what potential hardware they have etc, etc… and of course to test new protection methods - segment the market and make one section of them guinea pigs! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So it is often a valid strategy to shop around for the game online -or look for a regional version that is pretty weak - thus allowing for a backup! :smiley:

MC [/B]

Does XIII have any other protections other than Tages?

NOPE! LOL!

That is one game that didnt!!!

UBISOFT were trialling TAGES on 2 games

Beyond Good & Evil
XIII

Good news is - Ubisoft are going back to SafeDISC!! LMAO ROFL!!

Now thats funny!!!

MC

LMAO ROFL!!

In unabbreviated English, please???:wink:

Laughing My Arse Off. Rolling On Floor Laughing.

However, the more common expression is ROTFLMAO (which I’m sure you can figure out for yourself); fully extended version is ROTFLMAOWPIMP. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Laughing My Arse Off. Rolling On Floor Laughing.

However, the more common expression is ROTFLMAO (which I’m sure you can figure out for yourself); fully extended version is ROTFLMAOWPIMP. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Ah, thanx. I figured out the Laugh My Ass Off bit, bit couldn’t figure out the ROTF :stuck_out_tongue:

As a matter of fact, I just created an image of WildLife Park 2003 French version using the Starforce 1/2/3 option of Alcohol 52 and I know run the game from my HD without problem.

Of course I did not tried the Securom options :wink:

Hi slb and welcome to the forums,
Thats good to hear, but maybe youd like to share your wisdom. People are always looking for an easier way to run SF games.

The Starforce 1/2/3 option rips DPM info the same as the SecuROM 4.x/5.x profile (although at lower accuracy) and could most likely be used to rip an image of SecuROM successfully anyway.

Cheers