Wikileaks reveals CIA instructions on how to hack Android, iOS and Windows devices and use smart TVs for eavesdropping

Whistleblower website Wikileaks has posted thousands of documents of which the website claims they come from an internal network inside the CIA office in Langley. The documents contain extensive information about the hack software used by the CIA to hack iOS, Android and Windows devices, but also Samsung smart TVs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.myce.com/news/wikileaks-reveals-cia-instructions-hack-android-ios-windows-devices-use-smart-tvs-eavesdropping-81571/

Good for you mister/missis/miss whistleblower. You should be given a medal of honor for your contribution to the security and privacy of the public. Of course, if the CIA figures out who you are, they’ll probably behead you in secret without a trial, but still… you should take pride in what you’ve done (and consider what you should do if the CIA learns your name).

As for the possibility that the CIA is breaching security on devices, I find that unlikely. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any faith in that CIA will do the right thing, but I also don’t think they need to invade privacy to learn what every person is doing every minute of every day. After all, that’s what backdoor are for! It’s not like Microsoft, Google, Apple, or Samsung care about the privacy of their respective users. The top executive of these companies would probably sell their own mothers to serial murderers for a quick buck, so it’s not hard to assume that they’ve made backdoors at the request of big brother.