WikiLeaks events & Operation Payback turn into all-out cyberwar

vbimport

WikiLeaks events & Operation Payback turn into all-out cyberwar.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/uQhaCc.jpg[/newsimage]The two causes on their own were noteworthy, but had weaknesses that kept them docile. WikiLeaks had controversy and the attention of mainstream media, but lacked muscle to defend themselves from oppressors. Operation Payback, on the other hand, had plenty of eager hackers at their disposal and a passion to fight for their internet freedoms, but couldn’t quite capture enough of the spotlight to grow and support their cause. Together, WikiLeaks and Operation Payback now have both the fire and fuel that are combining to form what is turning into an all-out cyber-war like nothing the world has witnessed before.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/wikileaks-events-operation-payback-turn-into-all-out-cyberwar-37516/](http://www.myce.com/news/wikileaks-events-operation-payback-turn-into-all-out-cyberwar-37516/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It also seems most of the attacks come from The Netherlands.
I wonder what this will mean for the little country.

I wonder what this will mean for the little country.

Maybe BIG Trouble :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=EMM386;2562185]Maybe BIG Trouble :)[/QUOTE] shrugs

I wonder how other countries will/would react when their own countries secrets/diplomatic endeavors come out. :rolleyes: There is a lot of hypocrisy. :Z Assange is the biggest hypocrite of all.:iagree: He walks off interviews when asked questions. As long as the information is not about him, then it’s O.K… There is a bullet with his name on it. Except for naming sensitive areas, I haven’t read much that surprises me at all. The stupidity of my (U.S.) governments handling of secret material is the most shocking, but not unexpected. :iagree: I wonder how people would feel if Wikileaks put up information on how to make weapons of mass destruction, i.e. the ingredients and technique for making Sarin gas, the full and complete instructions of how to make a nuclear weapon, and places where stolen Uranium fuel rods could be purchased .:eek: I find it amusing that people think they have the right to know anything they want to. I have worked for the government. I have worked on X-craft at Sikorsky Aircraft. There are some things that just not anybody’s business. If these attacks are coming from one country, then maybe that country should experience a complete denial of service on a grand scale. Why not show them how it is really done. The actions border on state run terrorists attacks, if it is allowed to continue with impunity. These groups are cyber terrorists. Why should I have trouble dealing with whomever I wish ( i.e. MasterCard, which I did not but others have had trouble, their technique was ineffective) because these idiots decide to decide for me. If an individual wishes to protest fine. When they organize to do crime, they are called organized crime. They have taken much upon themselves. They deserve what they have coming to them.

P.S. Watch this thread now die.:smiley:

X 2 Zathros

Zathros, you seem ill informed. Wikileaks does not just publish US leaked documents, other countries have had many of their documents leaked also. People leak documents to Wikileaks because they are usually exposing government fraud, misdeeds, lies and the like. It is Wikileaks policy not to leak documents that put people in danger (in this they may have failed, but to date I have not heard of it). The biggest reason your government and the other governments of the world are upset, is because they are embarrassed by their own actions. When the public eye of scrutiny is put upon the crimes committed by your government, and other countries governments as well, their only recourse is to try and discredit the source… but they can’t discredit their own documents. Wikileaks does not publish documents that tell people how to make terrorist weapons, but there are plenty of places on the internet that do, just Google it, the information is out there, wake up.

[QUOTE=iamrocket;2562218]Zathros, you seem ill informed. Wikileaks does not just publish US leaked documents, other countries have had many of their documents leaked also. People leak documents to Wikileaks because they are usually exposing government fraud, misdeeds, lies and the like. It is Wikileaks policy not to leak documents that put people in danger (in this they may have failed, but to date I have not heard of it). The biggest reason your government and the other governments of the world are upset, is because they are embarrassed by their own actions. When the public eye of scrutiny is put upon the crimes committed by your government, and other countries governments as well, their only recourse is to try and discredit the source… but they can’t discredit their own documents. Wikileaks does not publish documents that tell people how to make terrorist weapons, but there are plenty of places on the internet that do, just Google it, the information is out there, wake up.[/QUOTE]

The documents in recent news are the bulletins from U.S. embassies and other U.S officials. The documents in question are about dealing withother governments and the interactions with foreign nations. What crimes? Name one. Not that it matters anyways, who is Wikileaks that they feel they have the right to do this. What was the country you are from? Discredit the source? What is the source. You are gullible. I believe a lot of this is disinformation. This is a very old game. How to build weapons of mass destruction? I never stated Wikileaks gave out that kind of information, I gave a scenario. Please read posts more thoroughly so you can comment intelligently. How to make weapons of mass destruction? That was my livelihood for many years. I would not need to look that up at all. I have the means and expertise to do that already, at my home, I have an extensive machine shop and electronics lab. I fly aircraft too. Wake up, you have no idea of what you speak. The idea is to keep the information out of the hands of dullards. Information of sensitive political situations and information that may be used to kill innocent people, of which there are fewer and fewer of everyday. On this part the U.S. may or may not have failed. I find too many of these leaks convenient to a certain political climate in my country, of which you may not be aware of. These “leaks” play into the politics of the extreme right. If you do not see that then you need to wake up.:rolleyes:

Be careful what you Google. There are Cray computers that monitor the chatter for certain key words. You ISP is instantly noted. It doesn’t matter what country you are from.

ya, I suppose governments never do anything wrong.

That’s my point. You may think you know what they are doing, but, no matter what these leaks say, some of it is accurate, some bullshit, some of it planted. Think about it. Maybe I am far more skeptical than you. People have the right to know some stuff. Hopefully, those we elect we guard us. The reality is somewhere in between. If you believe in nothing, then you are part of the problem. Leisen zwischen die zeilen. Read in between the lines.

I know when my rights as a human being are eroding, I know when I sacrifice freedom for security, I know that no source is perfectly accurate, and I also know we need more accountability in our governments. Wikileaks is one conduit for that kind of change.

[QUOTE=iamrocket;2562275]I know when my rights as a human being are eroding, I know when I sacrifice freedom for security, I know that no source is perfectly accurate, and I also know we need more accountability in our governments. Wikileaks is one conduit for that kind of change.[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew where you were from. It is obvious that I am from the U.S… Maybe your rights are being eroded. I doubt that is because of anything the U.S has done. Of course, not knowing where you are from makes this kind of conversation impossible. I can tell you, in 1967, I had to sit in the back of the bus, because of my skin tone. I have suffered much, very much racism from of what society calls white people (which to me is a racist term), not exclusively though. On the other hand, I have made my way rather well and I have found the same goes on everywhere, as I have traveled abroad and seen it and experienced it for myself, especially in England, not knocking England as the experience may have been 20% bad but the 80% good endeared me to that country. While I may have suffered from racism, and my country sucked in the '60’s (on another level it was great though), I still love my country and try to make it better by the part I offer. That is all one can do anyways. It is the only freedom we really have, regardless of where and when.

Not knowing, ignoring or downsizing problems that might cause great impact in a society does not mean everything is ok.

Not knowing problems is a dangerous one, because you cannot really act on what you do not know.

Ignoring problems can be even more dangerous, because you might know (agree it exists), but chose not to act upon it. It can also be compeltely the right choice to do.

Downsizing problems might be beneficial for one group, but an outright violation of rights for another group.

If not even once a person with a different skin color would try to tell all the people with another skin color that they are both equal human beings, you would and could not ever had a problem with racism., despite your thoughts about it. You might never had known there was a problem to begin with.

If not even once a person with a different skin color would agree with the fact that people with another skin color are equal human beings, racism would have kept on going forever, everywhere.

And so it begins (or continues). So how much will can be trusted or discerned? Past is prologue, this won’t be the first or last disinformation campaign. Muddy the truth. There is no easy route, you still have to read and discern. I think many people think Wikileaks has made it all come out, now I don’t have to think. Sorry, not that easy. Wars are started this way.

Really cool video of the Wikileaks underground complex. They are prepared!

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2562314]Not knowing, ignoring or downsizing problems that might cause great impact in a society does not mean everything is ok.

Not knowing problems is a dangerous one, because you cannot really act on what you do not know.

Ignoring problems can be even more dangerous, because you might know (agree it exists), but chose not to act upon it. It can also be compeltely the right choice to do.

Downsizing problems might be beneficial for one group, but an outright violation of rights for another group.

If not even once a person with a different skin color would try to tell all the people with another skin color that they are both equal human beings, you would and could not ever had a problem with racism., despite your thoughts about it. You might never had known there was a problem to begin with.

If not even once a person with a different skin color would agree with the fact that people with another skin color are equal human beings, racism would have kept on going forever, everywhere.[/QUOTE]

In relation to the above:

I just found some very nice video of a guy we could all learn something from.