WikiLeaks & domain seizures show need for decentralization

vbimport

WikiLeaks & domain seizures show need for decentralization.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/WvLbj0.jpg[/newsimage]The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), the digital rights advocacy organization that recently spoke out against mass file-sharing litigation, put forth a “Call to Action” this week with an online post that points out how these recent events have “highlighted the vulnerability” of our centralized web operations to the censorship implemented by the government and its lobbyists.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/wikileaks-domain-seizures-show-need-for-decentralization-37854/](http://www.myce.com/news/wikileaks-domain-seizures-show-need-for-decentralization-37854/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

in my opinion, what is happening is a good thing. it proves that innovation often drives forward at a faster rate when threats to the existing way of doing things occur. this is all because of particular industries attitudes, greed and their own failure to adapt to the digital age. of course, they are aided by people in governments that are being ‘encouraged’ to change things on their behalf instead of doing what they were elected to do by the people, ie take all things into consideration, be fair and actually LEAD rather than being led before making decisions!
i guess the real question to ask is, how long before governments, particularly in USA, try to outlaw the decentralization, using ‘National Security’ as the reason? believe me, going on how little notice they are taking of the law atm, if they want to do so, they will, regardless of what the Constitution or anything else says. the peoples opinions and rights mean absolutely nothing. in fact people are treated as being nothing, except as a way of getting money into coffers to be used how governments want!

[QUOTE=kevpc;2563966] i guess the real question to ask is, how long before governments, particularly in USA, try to outlaw the decentralization, using ‘National Security’ as the reason? [/QUOTE]

That’s what I wonder too. Part of me is happy that these issues are finally coming to a head so that they can be dealt with. Another part of me, however, is fearful because there are millions of people who have no clue any of this is even happening. I would feel more confident if I heard of more people standing up for their rights.

corruption & greed by corporations and governments will be exposed for the world to see. you can’t trust your media broadcasters to be anything more than hi-def puppets. for the first time in quite a while, people who do evil things are quite concerned about thier personal security, that that can be good, but dangrous thing.

the war for copyrights is just about adjuicated a stalemate… but the war over information (news) is just getting wamred up, hang on!

No doubt that the EFF domain will be next to be seized…