Wii U backups

vbimport

Anyone have experience making backup copies of Wii U dvd’s. The grandkids keep scratching them up, and I want to make backups before they become unreadable.
Will Imgburn do the job, or do I need something more specialized.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2786450]Anyone have experience making backup copies of Wii U dvd’s. The grandkids keep scratching them up, and I want to make backups before they become unreadable.
Will Imgburn do the job, or do I need something more specialized.[/QUOTE]
Well you have to first figure what kinda copy protections it has before you can decide if imgburn will backup the dvd. Also find a forum for Wii U users not from Nintendo cause any questions like what your asking would be deleted or accounts would be banned from asking such help. Usually game dvd/cd are harder to backup then regular DVD/BD movie media because the copy protections are not unified or so customized it be impossible to break to make a reliable copy.

I don’t think I’ve even heard of a way to make a backup. If it’s anything like the Wii, it also requires some sort of jailbroken operating system on the console itself, which I haven’t seen much of a writeup on. (Same for the other current-generation consoles).