Wii black screen -- help

vbimport

Hi All,

I installed a few games as wads via wad manager (so they show up on menu as wiiware),
and it worked perfect, game icons shown on wii menu, loaded via usb drive.
I then added 2 more games via the wad manager-
and when I returned to the wii menu it gone black, and stuck.

now, when I start the wii, I get the warning screen, I hit the A button, then it plays 2 seconds of the wii menu music (screen black) and it gets stuck in silent black screen.
No Priiloader installed. I do have an old BootMii backup, but since BootMii was installed as ISO (and not on boot2) I can’t get to load BootMii :frowning:

It’s a PAL, 4.1E system, with WiiKey1.
Does anyone have any idea how to get around this? Or maybe to get the BootMii backup back?

Many thanks!

[QUOTE=azv;2508394]No Priiloader installed. I do have an old BootMii backup, but since BootMii was installed as ISO (and not on boot2) I can’t get to load BootMii :frowning: [/quote] That kinda sucks. My best bet is that your system menu is messed up.

Did you try the brick recovery thread ?

I dunno if it will work if you do not have any priiloader installed.

If not, my best guess is to install a hardware modification temporarely inside your wii, then restore the original NAND information to the wii.

Hi Belvedere, and thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

No I guess w/o priiloader it wont work :frowning:

If there was only a way to delete the problematic wad… that would have solved it all.
How do I find one of these hardware mods? Is it possible to utilize the wiikey hardware in any way?

thanks!

[QUOTE=azv;2508453]No I guess w/o priiloader it wont work :([/quote] It will not hurt to try anyway

If there was only a way to delete the problematic wad… that would have solved it all.
Well yeah, but you need some kind of access to that first.

How do I find one of these hardware mods? Is it possible to utilize the wiikey hardware in any way?
I don’t know. It seems there are modchips that can restore NAND, but i have no experience with them. At your own risk.

you have what is called a banner brick some WAD files have an incorrect banner and will do this to the wii when you turn it on. Without pri-loader or bootmii as boot2 I think you are out of luck.

you may want to ask on gbatemp forums they may be able to help

thanks i’ll do that!

if you had installed priiloader, then all you would do is load priiloader then HBC, then wad manager and uninstall the bad wad. but you dont have priiloader. FAIL :frowning:

you can still use the savemiifrii method to load the recovery menu. you will need to modify a gamecube controller to allow the pressing of all four directional buttons. google for a youtube video showing how to modify the controller.

since you do have bootmii installed as IOS you can create a custom autoboot bootmii/IOS disc and load this in the recovery menu.

or you can create a custom autoboot disc to load other apps such as wad manager.

or you can load a game containing a system menu 4.2E update. i dont know what games contain which firmware updates.