Widescreen to Fullscreen

vbimport

Does anyone know the crop settings to turn a widescreen into a fullscreen? I’ve been playing around with it for a while now and can’t get it right.

Please help if you know.

Thanks!

For an anamorphic widescreen (e.g. 2.35:1) select Customized Crop and set the left and right crop marks to 158, top and bottom to 60. This will produce a centered 4:3 (1.3333) output with no black bars. I haven’t tried a letterboxed widescreen yet.

[quote=Captainplanet17;2037522]Does anyone know the crop settings to turn a widescreen into a fullscreen? I’ve been playing around with it for a while now and can’t get it right.

Please help if you know.

Thanks![/quote]

But don’t forget you are trimming off content.

[quote=GregiBoy;2037566]But don’t forget you are trimming off content.[/quote]G’day Gregi. That decision came with the 4:3 native resolution.:slight_smile: Either lose pixels or get a magnifying glass and live with the black bars. It is a problem on my cellphone but not my 16:9 native Archos.:cool: Cheers

Thanks signals I’ll try out your settings and see if it works for me. Hope

Thanks signals I’ll try out your settings and see if it works for me. Hope you have a great day!

[quote=Captainplanet17;2037628]Thanks signals I’ll try out your settings and see if it works for me. Hope you have a great day![/quote]You’re welcome! Remember those settings are for 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen. You may have to experiment for anything else. I’ll try a letterbox tonight if I have time and post those too.

[QUOTE=signals;2037615]G’day Gregi. That decision came with the 4:3 native resolution.:slight_smile: Either lose pixels or get a magnifying glass and live with the black bars. It is a problem on my cellphone but not my 16:9 native Archos.:cool: Cheers[/QUOTE]

Capisce,

Again most movies are composed with a “Safe Frame” so that the area outside a 4:3 crop will not affect the context of the movie.

I afraid though that I’m a purist and wanna see it all !!! :slight_smile:

On my Dopod Smartphone, I just turn it to landscape.