Wich videocard?

At this moment I have an Asus 6800 pure (32DDrram)

I want to buy another card because I’m not happy with it.

What is the best card at this moment WITH tv-out??

The best card at this moment is the Maxi Gamer (=Hercules) 3D Prophet II GTS with 64Mb!

It’s a Geforce II GTS card with TV - out!

Why are you not happy with your videocard?
The hardware specs of any Geforce are impressive, the rate of driver updates to cover ‘problems’ is even more impressive.
So another new even faster Geforce variant will make you even less happy…

Hunting for the latest driver (as i did last weekend) can solve your problem.

If quality of video signal etc is your problem and not perfromance, then i would advise to have a look at Matrox products. The G400 is old in modern speed of living terms, the driver is quite good and the video signa quality is very good!

MRLOVA is right! Thats realy anice vcard.

The only thing that’s wrong with it is that it doesn’t have a tv-out because I want to connect my computer to every tv (5) and every vcr (3) in my house to watch divx movies (I have about 120 divx movies)
I can only watch dvd on all the tv’s with the tv-out of my mpeg card but not divx.

So now I want to buy the latest videocard WITH tv-out (price must be under 400$)

Oh, how much should I ask for my old Asus 6800 pure?

Why not just keep your card, and buy a TV Tuner card?

With TV Tuner card, you can watch TV on your computer, or watch DivX from your TV, or input video from your VCR.

It’ll save money 'cos now when you wanna upgrade, you don’t need to buy a video card that has TV out.

The Maxi gamer geforce cards all have a tv (s-vhs) output!!!

of corse you need a tv-tuner to have it an cable…

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robo555:
[b]Why not just keep your card, and buy a TV Tuner card?

With TV Tuner card, you can watch TV on your computer, or watch DivX from your TV, or input video from your VCR.

It’ll save money 'cos now when you wanna upgrade, you don’t need to buy a video card that has TV out.[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you’re a little confused here. a tv tuner card will allow you to watch tv on your computer, not to watch your computer on your tv.

and why did you say that you could watch divx movies from your tv if you had a tv tuner card? divx is the hacked windows media codecs that allows good quality compression of sound and video. so to say that you could watch divx movies FROM your tv is wrong. if anything, you would use the tv-out on your videocard to watch downloaded divx movies on your tv!

enough raggin on you for now, i was just trying to clarify. and why haven’t any other hardware freaks members responded to this topic? am i the only one who cares?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snowie:
[b]At this moment I have an Asus 6800 pure (32DDrram)

I want to buy another card because I’m not happy with it.

What is the best card at this moment WITH tv-out??[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Voodoo 5500 is the best video card at the moment !

Hello everyone, i was wondering what is meant by shared memory for the video card??

That means the video card must use some of your system’s RAM for graphics processing.
In this case the operating system will allocate a certain fixed amount solely for the video card to use and your system will not “see” that amount of RAM because it has been sacrificed to the card.

[QUOTE=uSerKey;2452407]That means the video card must use some of your system’s RAM for graphics processing.
In this case the operating system will allocate a certain fixed amount solely for the video card to use and your system will not “see” that amount of RAM because it has been sacrificed to the card.[/QUOTE]

Hummm, form my understanding of what you wrote (it’s a bad thing) it that right?

It may hamper performance depending on application
//Danne

mmm if u looking to buy a video card… and your in a tight budget then i would look for a ATI radeon 4650…
if ur not planning to play games on it, just play movies or photos and etc. i would go for a 9400gt its a great card for its price because i have it… and you can put it on TV…