Wich cdr is the best to choose?

vbimport

I’m from holland, Excuse me if some words are spelled wrong.
My question is wich cdr media i can choose the best from cd freaks shop?

Sony with sony atip
Philips with ritek atip
Ricoh with mbi atip

What are the differents between that 3 cdr’s

From the CD Freaks shop i would say the Plextor Branded CDR’s if not them then the Verbatim Datalife+

I agree completely! :iagree:

Better stay away from MBI CD-R in any case.
I’ve had some that developed C2 errors and bad sectors in as little as one year :frowning:

I third [B]Jedi Master Yoda[/B] and [B]DrageMester[/B]. Plextor/TY would be the best choice for CD-R. :slight_smile:

So do I :slight_smile:

IF the Philips are really cheaper than the Verbs and Plextor recommended, and IF you really want to cut expenses (I wouldn’t), they shouldn’t be bad. Ritek CDRs are in general very decent.

But like the others here, I certainly prefer TY and Verbatim for CDRs. :iagree:

I take one spindle plextor.
But for less important things i want to have cheaper cd’s.
Wich of the above are the best?
I hear good storys about sony
And i had a good experience with ritek
Wich of these are the best?

[B]tvdh:[/B]

This may not be of much help as I have not purchased any CD-R media since early 2003, but I have had very satisfactory experiences with cheap Prodisc media. If they still manufacture it to the same quality, it maybe a good choice as it has proven to be stable after many years for me. Not sure if cdfreaks shop have any though.

Go for the Sonys.

Are that good ones?
I heard sony atip was made by lead data.
Is that true or is it made by mitsui?

Sony CD-R can be made by Moser Baer India, Lead Data (Sony ATIP), Daxon (Sony ATIP), Daxon (Daxon ATIP?), Sony Austria (Sony ATIP).
But the Austrian-made ones are rare, they are currently only producing Sony’s CD-R for audio, IIRC. :frowning:

Wich should i choose? Sony or Philips

I think both are similarly good. :slight_smile:

Thanks for advice.
I get the sony.

Better stay away from MBI CD-R in any case.
I’ve had some that developed C2 errors and bad sectors in as little as one year

H-mm, strange, my Verbatim branded MBI phtalo CD-Rs are still among the most long-living I have. Maybe MBI CD-Rs’ quality is rather variable.
Though, all the CD-Rs I’ve used during the last 5 years (except these MBI and AZO+ Verbs) are: Prodisc (the majority, some are fine, but some others degrade awfully), Plasmon and 4M (Made in Russia, VERY average discs, just like Prodisc’s), Ritek and some CMC Magnetics phtalo, SKC cyanine (also among the best) and some SKC phtalo (Made in China by MediaStar, but still not so bad), some HP branded Mitsui CD-Rs (why are they thought to be good quality CD-Rs???! :eek: :Z, by the way, dated back to 2001!) and, finally, only 2 :bigsmile: Sony branded TY’s (these are, of cource, great!).

Well, {$OFFTOPIC OFF}

Now I have some questions:
I’ve got a 10pcs pack of Verbatim CD-Rs. When I was buying I somehow didn’t notice the absence of the AZO+ stamper on the package and the “Made in China” string :o . They turned out to be phtalo CMC Magnetics discs. The question is: what can you say about their quality and, first of all, LONGEVITY (in years, please :bigsmile: )? Are they MUCH worse than the Crystal AZO+ Verbs, made, for example, in India (as I can get only such Verbatim AZO+ CD-Rs). And which non-AZO+ Verbatim variant, as you think, is better: Moser Baer’s or chinese CMC’s?

I think the MBI-made Azo (specially made for Verbatim = with better QC) and the MIC CMCs are both good. :slight_smile:
Longevity? Who knows… But c’t’s tests showed MIC CMC CD-R to be actually superior compared to MII MCC-Azo CD-R :eek:

The 4M Made in Russia might have been produced by Mirex Ekaterinburg…

Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

The 4M Made in Russia might have been produced by Mirex Ekaterinburg…

Yep, 1000% correct! :wink: And Plasmon-coded CD-Rs too (except, maybe, Samsung CD-Rs with Plasmon stamper).