Wich burner for DL media?

Hi.

When burning DL media none of the burners on my signature satisfies me. The Lite-ON produces burns on DL media with such high PIE that it sometimes can’t read them back itself. The LG depends on the media. I also have an old NEC ND-4550A. But still need to open the computer case and put it there. Still I don’t know how it performs for dual layer media. The scans I have seen from ND-4550 DL burns on the web aren’t so good looking either.

For the PATA interface, I can buy the Optiarc AD 720XA series, the Pioneer DVR-116DBK, plus many from Samsung or LG.

Do I try the old NEC? Or do I buy a new one? If the answer is the second, wich one to buy?

Thanks.

Good intro to the choices, you don’t need Samsungs or LGs if you have this - although the Pioneer DVR-115 is good too. If you don’t like/use Lightscribe, get the 7203A which can also write “labels” on the unburned area on the data side, aside from having Labelflash capability.

YES! :smiley:

[QUOTE=engine;2232458]Or do I buy a new one?[/QUOTE]

If you’d like a faster drive that burns lesser quality discs, then yes. If you want quality, get the Optiarc.

[quote=engine;2232458]
For the PATA interface, I can buy the Optiarc AD 720XA series, the Pioneer DVR-116DBK, plus many from Samsung or LG, which one to buy?[/quote]
Agree with evo69:), 1 1/2 year DL burning spree and the Optiarc AD-7200A is tied for 1st place w/ my Lite-on DH-20A4P in DL burn quality. Very good quality(93-95 QS). 7200 seems to do most everything very well. DVR-115D DL burn quality seems to get worse w/ each new firmware(oddest burn strategy I’ve ever seen), but still decent. Newest Samsungs(mine was SH-S223F) are DL killers:rolleyes:. Stay away.

Thanks!

I wasn’t thinking of getting the Labelflash. I haven’t ever seen Labelflash media selling on stores around here. There is Lightscribe media available. I don’t use it though. I have never used it. Except the unique sample that came with my LG. LOL! But seems to be a good idea to get one of those drives since they cost only 2 € more.

Are there more opinions?

Edit: The Pioneer 115D is hard to find. The only online store where I found it, sells it for double the price of an AD 720XA or a Pioneer 116D.

Since I want the black drive. The Labelflash version is out of stock.
The AD-7201A-0B is the Black lightscribe PATA version, right?

Thanks.

[quote=engine;2232661]The AD-7201A-0B is the Black lightscribe PATA version, right?[/quote] It is the LightScribe PATA version. I don’t know if it’s black.