Why Your Shitty Android Phone Won’t Get Facebook Home

vbimport

So Facebook Home is coming to Android phones. But just the good Android phones. The HTC One X, HTC One X+, Samsung Galaxy S III, Note II, and the new HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, and HTC First for now. That’s it, that’s the list. If your phone is more than a year old, no Facebook Home for you. And that’s how it has to be, really.

Link: http://gizmodo.com/5993656/why-your-shitty-android-phone-wont-get-facebook-home

:cool::cool:

That’s almost as comical as the guy who wrote the article cautioning parents to stick to trusted ISPs such as AOL and that internet explorer in it’s default setting was the most secure browser.

the bigger question is why should i care?

What’s Facebook?

Who would want the shitty Facebook on their phone or anywhere else?

[QUOTE=CDan;2683370]What’s Facebook?[/QUOTE] It’s either a portal run by three-letter-agencies to gather every bit of information they can about you without having to use spies, or it’s a trojan horse put here by aliens to lure human productivity into a downwards death spiral so that the aliens can take over without a fight.

One or the other of these but I’m not sure which.

My Xperia Ray phone has just 512MB of space for Apps and came with Facebook preinstalled as a system app. I don’t use Facebook, but its automatic updates kept piling up and I think it eventually ate ~50MB. :confused:

Disabling the Facebook App allowed me to uninstall the updates and today I rooted my phone, so I could fully uninstall Facebook and its add-ons. :bigsmile:

Going by the article, Facebook Home seems to require a lot of processing power (hence the high end phone requirement), so it sure makes me wonder how much it will bog the phone down or eat one’s battery, not that I care. :disagree:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2683359]That’s almost as comical as the guy who wrote the article cautioning parents to stick to trusted ISPs such as AOL and that internet explorer in it’s default setting was the most secure browser.[/QUOTE]
I’m glad that one of us sees the humour in turning productivity tools into anti-productivity time wasters.

[QUOTE=yojimbo197;2683368]the bigger question is why should i care?[/QUOTE]
Because, all that extra power chewed up by CPU cycles used for stupid facebook is causing global warming … apparently.
And besides … so many people have become slaves to their phones that they no longer have time to dedicate to solving real problems … it’s basically made the human race dumber.
24hr Facebook … the human race has peaked … it’s all downhill from here. Enjoy the ride (freefall).

[QUOTE=CDan;2683370]What’s Facebook?[/QUOTE]
It’s social masturbation, except less fun, and it lasts forever, instead of just a few minutes a day :stuck_out_tongue:

Its my opinion that people who have a problem with apps such as Facebook have an option, just don’t download them. And what would be the big deal if you did, or they came pre installed? Don’t sign up for the program ( Facebook or whatever app it is) Nobody cares.:frowning:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2683498]Its my opinion that people who have a problem with apps such as Facebook have an option, just don’t download them. And what would be the big deal if you did, or they came pre installed? Don’t sign up for the program ( Facebook or whatever app it is) Nobody cares.:([/QUOTE]
With a facebook phone, it’s total integration (prioritisation) of facebook over every other function.

It’s literally a complete launcher (but not operating system) dedicated to facebook use & 24/7 connection to facebook.

Only teens & tweens are going to want this … it’s the end of the world!