Why would Fab not be removing region restrictions?

vbimport

I got stuck with some Region 2 ISO files. I burned them to discs which I ripped with DVD Fab 9.1.6.8. Remove RC and Remove RCE were selected. Is it necessary to specify the region code of the disc to get it removed? It can’t detect that automatically?

Anyway, the disc I burned (thinking Fab had removed the region 2 restriction) won’t play on my set top box, because it’s also region 2.

It will play on my PC, but that’s not what I want.

I assume they dvd iso so they will not play in your dvd player unless the dvd player and TV can playback PAL format. The computer can playback PAL format as it does not have that restriction

So it’s not actually region restricted, but it’s using an encoding format not recognized by U.S. set top boxes?

Ugh…I would have been better off with the MP4’s!!!

I don’t suppose this can convert PAL to NTSC?

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2738642] I don’t suppose this can convert PAL to NTSC?[/QUOTE]

Some standalones can play either or so I’ve read.

You can try AVStoDVD to convert to NTSC.
I played around with it a while back & didn’t have as good of results as I would have liked.
I think Kerry56 did a guide on doing this conversion . Maybe I can find it.
You might also make sure that the .iso’s you have are PAL.

Since DVDfab doesn’t have the capability to convert PAL to NTSC I think it is OK to post some other software in the DVDFab sub-forum.
I don’t have it but the payware program that’s most recommended for this conversion is ConvertXtoDVD. I think it has a trial but I’m not sure it is full function.

This thread may also help:

[QUOTE=cholla;2738689]Since DVDfab doesn’t have the capability to convert PAL to NTSC I think it is OK to post some other software in the DVDFab sub-forum.
I don’t have it but the payware program that’s most recommended for this conversion is ConvertXtoDVD. I think it has a trial but I’m not sure it is full function.

This thread may also help:

We also have a VSO Forum so you can discuss it in-depth, :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2738642]So it’s not actually region restricted, but it’s using an encoding format not recognized by U.S. set top boxes?

Ugh…I would have been better off with the MP4’s!!!

I don’t suppose this can convert PAL to NTSC?[/QUOTE]

As cholla says you can get standalones that convert on the fly and will play the discs as they are.

Players are so cheap these days that I’d regard that as the easiest option and you’ll have no conversion to do so it’s a time saver as well.

[B]Wombler[/B]