Why will my burned movies not play in my DVD?

I have been having alot of problems with my burning latley putting in long hours trying to fix the problem. This morning I found out I burned a movie that I could play on my PC but it will not play in my DVD player can somebody help me please!!!:confused:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Possible causes are a bad burned disc or a wrong encoding of the movie. For example, if your standalone is not able to read NTSC format and the movie is in NTSC format, obviously the player cannot read it.

Most of times, the cause of a bad burned disc is a low quality disc or a wrong burning speed selected.

Can you provide more details? What format is the movie (PAL, NTSC, AVI, MKV, etc)? What discs are you using? What burner-firmware? What burning speed?

Give more information please. What burning program, what brand of blank DVD(+ or -), what burn speed. You can add brand/model of DVD burner (how old), operating system, etc.

In addition to all of the above, it sometimes can be something as simple as updating the firmware on your DVD player.

I already updated the firmware to the latest intel, the burner is light scribe, The disks I am burning with are a low quality memorex but they have always worked before.Ntsc format. But the one suggestion that makes the most since is the burn speed this software suggests a burn speed of 4x but I dont get that as an option. I get max,18,16,12,6 but I think I can change it to 4 in settings by the way I’m using convertxtodvd. I have been trying to tackle this for a week. I would like to get as many suggestions that I can so I can have plans a-z. The help is much appreciated.

Oh yeah… convertxtodvd 4

8x would be a reasonable speed for a desktop burner and modern 16x media.

Are you burning -R disks or +R disks? If they are +R, are you bitsetting them to look like DVDRom disks to the dvd player or not? Bitsetting +R disks can sometimes help with compatibility problems. We can tell you if your burner is capable of bitsetting, but you HAVE to tell us which make and model you are using.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2468919]8x would be a reasonable speed for a desktop burner and modern 16x media.

Are you burning -R disks or +R disks? If they are +R, are you bitsetting them to look like DVDRom disks to the dvd player or not? Bitsetting +R disks can sometimes help with compatibility problems. We can tell you if your burner is capable of bitsetting, but you HAVE to tell us which make and model you are using.[/QUOTE]
Light scribe LiteON dvdrw shw-160h65. What is bittsetting?

Bitsetting :bigsmile:

Lite-on makes a utility to bitset +R dvds. You can find it here: http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=153 I’m not in any way a Lite-on fan or user, so I’m not sure it will work with your particular drive. You can wait for a Lite-on expert here or look in the Lite-on subforum here at MyCE.

You can also bitset +R disks if you burn with ImgBurn. Save your output from ConvertX instead of doing a direct burn, then use ImgBurn to burn to a disk. Within ImgBurn look at Tools->Drive->Change Book Type->Lite-on tab. Change for DVD +R media and set the New Setting to DVDRom.

I got the img Burn and ran through all of the step that you suggeseted and got an error never heard of.Invalid field in CDB. What does this mean???

Even if you already used in past memorex discs with success, this makes no difference. Different batches of discs can give different results.

To be fully sure that the disc is not the culprit of your problem, can you try to burn a proven quality disc like a Verbatim? If you get a 16x certified disc, try to burn it at 12x or 8x.

About the error you got changing booktype, what media are you using exactly? Booktype can be changed only in [B]+R[/B] discs (plus), not in -R (minus) discs.

ImgBurn would booktype to DVD-ROM automatically on your LiteOn drive anyway, you don’t need to do anything.

I will attempt all suggestions and get back to you thanx alot!!!

Image burn will not burn! I went to open the conversion files and its like the file were empty. I got an error from convertx to dvd that says invalid document unexpected text in file prolog. I think now the conversion is my problem help please!!

Try to use DVD Flick. Maybe this solve :slight_smile: