Why was my posting test thread closed?

vbimport

I just thought I'd ask. I thought this was the newbie forum.

:cool:

Test succeeded, felt there was no further reason to keep it open.

FOr future reference, if you don’t agree with a decision made by an admin or moderator, contact the person through email or Private Message, rather than opening a new thread for this, it could save you public humiliation (as some users have already experienced in this forum :wink: )

Will leave this one open for now so you get a chance to reply :wink:

Just wondered.

And I was surprised when I couldn’t post a followup to the replies. I’ve been in one or two closed threads before but the closing reason was usually the last post made by the admin or mod. (For example, one or two posters were really getting insultive in one thread somewhere.) I figured this thread would die from lack of use not from a closing.

Thanks for the answer though Da_Taxman.

Let’s see color works. But not

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
For future reference, if you don’t agree with a decision made by an admin or moderator, contact the person through email or Private Message, rather than opening a new thread for this, it could save you public humiliation (as some users have already experienced in this forum

Sometimes people do whine about a fair decision and do it in a new thread. Then they are humiliated in two ways:

1. because they whine about a thread being closed
  2. because the reason for closing and thus usually violating forum policy will be displayed for all to see.

And threads do now and then get closed because there is no reason to keep them open. And not in all cases an admin/mod feels inclined to include a reason (they don’t necessarily ant to rack up their posts as some may think… :wink: )

Thanks for your posts guys,

Now I know.

Knowledge is Power. :wink: